Sunday, August 16, 2009

It's me!

Long time no see! Or write....It's been a while....but there's just nothing new and excting to report! That could be good or bad....there's plenty new going on, but nothing exciting!

I went back to work full time last Monday. New teacher trainings alllll over again. That's the one major thing I dreaded about getting a new job. It's like being fresh out of college all over again, learning a new district's expectations, a new school's procedures and rules and my new duties as a first grade teacher at Exley. KatyISD is bigger than Sherman ISD by far which usually means stricter rules and higher expectations...thats just how bigger districts are. Not that Sherman doesn't expect the best from its teachers, it does. But the pressure here from parents and administrators alike is just a bit more demanding! I am excited about the school year and am looking forward to making new friends at Exley and meeting my little ones soon. I do love teaching and have a true passion for the classroom which diminishes the anxiety I'm feeling to a certain degree. I do have a lot more resources at my disposal and feel a lot more organized than I did this time last year. It WILL be a great school year and I WILL enjoy it. Exley operates at Exemplary!!! Ha!

Jake is working hard at his job...it's hard at times because it's a lot of pressure. But Jake handles it all extremely well and is such a people person that I know he will do great. It's just getting up on your feet that is the hard part. So keep him in your prayers please!

We spoke in our new ward at church today about finding strength in difficult times. We got a lot of compliments on our talks and I think that it was because this is a topic that we always need to hear, especially during the troubling times our world is facing today. We all go through hard times, it's part of life, but knowing that doesn't make it easy. The recurring theme of what I read and studied was to put your faith and trust in our Savior and remember He is ALWAYS 100% of the time going to be there for us. As President Monson said, we need to be of good cheer, for the Lord is on our side. That truly is all that we need. To read some really awesome thoughts....click on these links...

"Be of Good Cheer" by President Thomas S. Monson, April 2009

"Finding Strength in Challenging Times!" by Elder Allan F. Packer, April 2009

All the teachers go back tomorrow in most school districts across the state of Texas. So wish us luck! We have a huge responsibility to shape and influence the young minds that come into our classroom and make sure we have a positive effect on their lives and education. It's a big task, but one that I'm ready for and love to do.

It's 7:45 and my poor husband is asking about dinner! He did fix lunch today after all, so I guess it's my turn to get moving and put some food on the table. Speaking of I'm ALWAYS looking for good new recipes, so if you have one, pass it my way! Have a wonderful week!

~Hillary

1 comment:

ShelbeeDawn said...

A few friends of mine started a recipe group blog: www.recipegroupforall.blogspot.com Maybe you can find something you like there. You can also be an author and post recipes of your own. All you have to do is give me your email and I will make you an author. Have fun starting the school year! I know how it is changing school districts... not fun.