Saturday, October 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Mimi!!

I am one blessed girl. I have an awesome family. That's already been established through many posts I believe. And if you know my family personally, than you are with me on this one. I'm also very lucky. I have 3 sets of amazing grandparents, all of whom are still living. There have been some close calls though....once again, I'm blessed, I do realize that. Mimi and Popa are the oldest couple, they both turned 80 years old this year. We had a party for Mimi to celebrate what an amazing woman she is and her lifetime of love and service. It was so much fun and lots of people came to celebrate with us. I snagged a few pictures...see below....

Mimi is amazing. She has always been there for us no matter what. We knew we could always run to Mimi's to spend the night when we were younger (or older for that matter...) and have ice cream for breakfast or my personal favorite, grilled cheese and baked potato. She is an awesome cook and I still go over to her house every Thanksgiving and Christmas so she can teach me her tricks. My mom learned a lot from her mom and has those same traits. Hopefully I can jump on that train and be like them when I'm a mom. Which will only be 6 more months!! HAHAHA kidding. I've been getting asked a lot about when we're going to have babies, so I just start lying. PLEASE stop asking!

Love you Mimi! You're the best and I can't imagine my life...especially my childhood...without you and your shining example and love.


Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Mimi's 80th Birthday
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

1 comment:

Brooke and Ryan Steed said...

Like the pics! I think the one of you, Jake, and Allee should be your Christmas card picture!