For pretty much my whole life, August has always been a bittersweet month. Birthday month aside, it's back to school month. I have always loved school. I'm an avid reader and enjoyed doing well in school. I got through college in 3 years and then taught first grade for 4 years. I've been doing the whole back to school thing every year since 1992...20 years!
That being said...I REALLY enjoy being lazy. Like REALLY. I enjoy my breaks from school and always have. So going back, while I'm always excited for a new school year, also brings some bitter feelings along with it.
When I had Elizabeth it was worse. It was hard to leave her every day, but even worse when I had spent a longer amount of time with her and had to go back. I'm made to be a mommy. It's really the only job I want and need. So when we realized we could 100% make it work for me to resign from my job, we jumped on the opportunity.
So this week, instead of crying tears of sadness about going back to school, I cried tears of gratitude. Gratitude for the opportunity I now have to be at home with my sweet Elizabeth each day. Gratitude for the opportunity I now have to keep some precious children in my home (I can't just not be around children all day every day!). Gratitude for a husband who works his hardest to make sure he can make my dreams come true. And most of all, gratitude for a loving Heavenly Father who knows best and never gave me more than I could handle.
So I started my new job on Monday. Official stay at home mom. And I couldn't be more excited. I'm also helping out some friends with their children throughout the week and we have so much fun. Little girls are the best!
This little friend will come twice a week. Lizzie went to the babysitter's house with her since she was 3 months old so they are besties.
And this little one will be with us every day. She is such a sweetie!! She plays well, eats well, sleeps well. Just so precious! And her smile is to die for.
I am seriously happier than I have been in a long time. I just feel good about this decision and am so grateful that we have been able to make it work. So be grateful for the things in your life, no matter how small. God is always at work whether we can see it or not.





No comments:
Post a Comment