Today is my Mimi and Popa's 62nd anniversary. I say "is," not "would have been."
Popa passed away just over 3 months ago and I'm still having a hard time. I thought it would get easier, and in a way it has, but I still find myself breaking down at random. Sometimes I can think of him and be fine...I'll laugh at a memory, or shake my head, remembering how crazy he could be. And then sometimes, one thought comes in to my head and I just cry. I miss him so much. He drove us all crazy...if you knew him, you understand what I mean. But he was and is still such a staple in our family. He opened the doors to the missionaries of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and because of that, I have the knowledge and a firm testimony of the sealing power of families. Mimi and Popa were sealed in the temple and because of that ordinance, are married forever and will be together in heaven. So I don't feel that their marriage ended when Popa passed away in September. Today is still their anniversary.
So happy anniversary you two. I love you both so much and am so proud to call you Mimi and Popa. You have been such a strong influence in my life in different ways, separately and together. I miss you Popa.
![]() |
| Jacob and I were sealed for time and all eternity on July 21, 2007. I love him so much and it makes me so happy to know that we'll be together forever. |

No comments:
Post a Comment