Wednesday, August 20, 2014

August Update

August has been so much calmer than June and July, travel wise.  Partly in thanks to my job starting. :)  I started keeping a sweet baby boy as his mom went back to work this month.  I used to teach with his mom and when she found out she was pregnant, asked me to keep her little boy.  I debated on this for a while, but decided I would love the extra money and the cure to my already developing baby fever. :)  He's a sweetheart and we're loving having a tiny one in the house again.  The girls, especially, love him.

At the beginning of the month we made one last summer trip up to Sherman.  My cousin is leaving soon on a 2 year mission for our church and they were having his farewell talk at church and a family get together.  I'm so glad we were able to be there to celebrate him.  He's an awesome guy and Reno, NV is lucky to have him.  It was the weekend before my birthday so we also celebrated that with my family while we were there. :)


Birthday dinner with my best friend, Lauren.  Her birthday is the 1st, mine is the 11th

My 27th birthday was on the 11th.  We celebrated as a family and went to Lupe's for dinner.  Ellie was not a fan of the birthday singing! :)



Other than that, our August has been quiet!  I'll throw in a few pictures of swimming the other night.  Elizabeth likes to start out in her puddle jumper floatie but will take it off and swim without it after a while.  Her swimming lessons were SO expensive, but in my opinion, SO worth it.  I know that if she falls in a pool, she'll be fine.  She can swim to the top, swim to the side, float on her back, climb out of the pool and has recently taught herself to doggie paddle and tread water.  She's pretty confident and I'm glad for that.  She loves to hang on her daddy's back and dive to the bottom.  She also loves jumping in from the side...I love that she'll do this because she has to kick back up to the top and swim to us, so she's getting practice with what to do if she falls in. I think we'll put Ellie in lessons next Spring.

















Oh! One last thing.  Elizabeth got her very first haircut.  We love her long hair.  She hasn't wanted to cut it, partly because she was scared and partly because she loves her "Rapunzel hair."  But she decided on her own that she was ready to cut it so she went with me when I was getting my hair done and got hers trimmed too.  She LOVED it and did great. :)


No comments: