Another month has flown by and we're halfway through the next! I love that time is flying...I'm so ready for summer. April was a fun month, Just the right amount of busy!
Elizabeth had her Easter party at school. She had fun running around with her friends hunting Easter eggs and playing games.
We dyed Easter eggs. Just like last year, Ellie was NOT interested. She lasted about 3 minutes. So Lizzie did them by herself.
We went out to the golf course a few times. It's our happy place. Lizzie found some dead palm leaves and started pretending it was Palm Sunday. Sweetest thing ever. I love that her preschool teaches Christ centered lessons. She learned about Palm Sunday in Chapel and told us all about it.
We tried really hard to take some bluebonnet pictures. Jake's coworker has some in her backyard so we went to visit her and take some pictures. Ellie wasn't having it and Lizzie wasn't too interested either. We captured their personalities perfectly. Oh well, maybe next year!
Easter morning was so exciting for Lizzie. She loved getting ready for the Easter bunny and then seeing what he left. He went WAY overboard this year. Embarrassingly so. :)
Jake participated in a charity event for the Mercy Project in College Station. It is such an amazing charity and I am so impressed with what they do. I'll post more about it at a later time, it deserves it's own story. Their event was a Guinness record breaking 52 hour kickball game. Unfortunately, it started storming and with the lightening being so close, they had to call it at about 33 hours. Jake had fun but was completely exhausted.
Here are a couple of us in our Easter finest...
And a few of Ells. She refused to nap one day so we went on a long walk so she'd doze off. Heaven. She also got sick AGAIN and was pretty pathetic for a few days. I'm really ready for all of this sickness to leave our house.
May is already proving to be busy and fun so until next time!


































No comments:
Post a Comment