Saturday, January 26, 2008

I love sleeping in on Saturday mornings, it's my only free day to get some extra sleep. It's even better when it's a little rainy outside. So imagine my frustration when I woke up at 7:30 today and couldn't go back to sleep. My body is used to the waking up at 6am routine I've been doing every day but Saturday and it just wouldn't let me stay in bed! Plus I know I have about a million things to do today so I thought why not?! Let's just get moving. Though now...I'm having a hard time coming to terms with waking up before 9 (hence the blogging/procrastination) oh well...let the day begin!


Last Saturday Jake and I went to Houston. We spent the weekend going to the temple...




(beautiful at every angle, is it not?!)



shopping and had dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. Of course we had to wait for an hour, but it was worth it. We came home on Sunday relaxed and ready for a new week. It was great to have the long weekend to get some things done and spend some more time together. Monday was 6 months of marraige for us..how convenient we both had the day off!

I'm still loving Student Teaching. I've been working myself up and now I'm teaching every lesson except one. The week after next is when I start my two full weeks of full responsibility and I'm really looking forward to it! I think I've learned more in the past 3 weeks than I have in my 3 years at A&M. It's hard work though... I left yesterday around 3:45 with my bag packed full and a huge arm load so I obviously have lots to do this weekend! To all those people who say education is a softy major/profession...just hope you don't come into contact with me ;) Anyways, I take my last certification test on Feb 23 so after that I'll apply for certification and be a real live teacher in Texas. FINALLY!

Ok off to do important big people things!

1 comment:

blog_meg said...

I love your scrumdiddlyumptious blog! You are so great! When do you want to babysit for me? HAHAHAHA...no, seriously. Anytime. hahahaha! seriously.