Thursday, January 31, 2008

Wow....February is HERE. Hard to believe..I start my 5th week of student teaching next week, and my 1st week of Full Responsibility....I've been working up to it, this week I did all subjects except one so next week, it's all me! It's more stressful than I thought it would be, so it's actually a blessing that I quit my job and can focus on school. Plus I'm not leaving school until almost 4:00 most days, and then there's random events like Open House tonight and the music program this month that fill my evenings. And I'm totally loving every minute of it! It's wonderful to spend all day with the kids and I learn as much as I'm teaching, if not more. There's a whole other side to being a teacher that you don't see until you're actually in that position. My mom and sister are both teachers, and I had no idea until this semester how it REALLY feels and what you REALLY do. Wow....

Shout out to dad....he turns 50 this weekend...celebrating with the SUPER BOWL! Happy Birthday Daddio

On a sadder note, we lost another member of our graduating high school class today. I don't know all of the details yet, but it breaks my heart...20 years old is really 20 years young. When I think of President Hinckley and the full life he lived of 97 years, I think wow, I need to live way past 97 to be the kind of person he was, I can't imagine ending life now. But everything happens for a reason, and I'm so blessed to have the knowledge I do from the gospel about eternal life.

The world continues to turn and it amazes me how our church just keeps moving. A lot of churches come to a stand still, trying to find a new leader, voting on them, negotiating pay...all kinds of things. We accept who the Lord has called next and everything keeps running like a well oiled machine. How wonderful!

Life is beginning to get very busy, but Ill try to keep up on the blogging! There's always a fun story in my life to tell, especially now that most of my time is spent in 1st grade! Don't worry...I still make time for Jacob too...in between grading papers and preparing lessons.... :)

Have a great week and a wonderful February...it's the month of L-O-V-E! Wear red on Feb. 1st, it's National Wear Red Day (love that it celebrates the LOVE of the month, but it's for awareness of women's heart disease).

1 comment:

blog_meg said...

What are your going to do for Valentine's Day? It's your first married one!