Friday, February 15, 2008

There are so many wonderful things about being a teacher. It's so rewarding to see the kids faces light up when something clicks in their head. It's fun to get hugs and hear their fun stories and congratulate them when they get 100% on their AR tests. But this week was the very definition of a fun job. Valentines Day in elementary school...remember those days? Everyone gets a bag to decorate and put up in the classroom or hall....you go to the store to spend forever looking for the perfect box of Valentines cards to send to your friends...go home and address them and take them to school to deliver. I always loved it, which is part of the reason I've always been a sucker for Valentines Day...single or not. It's fun to share the love! Well it's also fun to receive it! The gifts, candy, flowers, and cards poured in from my sweet little students this week. I wasn't really expecting it, so it was so fun to hear "here you go Mrs. Anderson, I made this for you" from the kid who never listens in class or "I picked this out just for you Mrs. Anderson" from the sweetest little student who never acts up. I love my class and it was just an overall fun week! We had a great Valentines party (thanks to super great room mothers) and tons of fun. Great way to end my first set of Full Responsibility weeks...which went GREAT might I add.
On to the extra fun part of Valentines Day..I have a wonderful husband to spend it with. Last year it was a wonderful fiance...

the year before that it was a wonderful boyfriend..something that became official that night ;)

So this was V-Day numero tres for us...

And numero uno being married! We kept things simple and had a nice dinner at home because let's face it....what's the point in fighting the crowds in this crazed college town. Everything is always packed so I made one of Jake's faves, chicken cordon bleu and twice baked potatoes. It's actually what we had last year too so who knows, maybe this is the start of a tradition! We all know Jake likes to spice things up a bit though so while I was sitting at school that day during my conference and working on getting some things together in walks 3 girls from the TAMU Womens Chorus to deliver a singing Valentine! I so wish I had a picture. I'm sure my face was red but I really did love it! They sang "Love Me Tender" and it was gorgeous...props to them, I'm so attending their next show. The other 1st grade teachers listened in and gushed over my sweet sweet sweet husband! Way to go Jake! All in all it was a WONDERFUL day, and I know I have the BEST husband in the world. I don't need a special holiday to figure that one out...though it sure is fun!

And though this is getting lengthy I must do an ode to my mom. She has always given us kids a little someting special on Valentines Day and this didn't stop when we left for college. This year she sent us a Sonic gift card knowing that we love our Sonic Runs...some great chocolates (Jake's was in the shape of a fish..cute mom!), I got Valentines socks (a tradition) and some cute Valentine towels that I of course used at dinner. Well to be truthful, they were too cute to use so I set them out with me and maybe dried my hands on them a few times. Here are my lovely feet, resting on the table after a long day at school with a little Gwen and Will in the background (I tried to get Holden and Lily mom so you would recognize someone...but no go)

And me sporting my gifts from mom...super cute, I know....


I love you mom!!!! And Dad!!! And Ross!!!...miss yall!

1 comment:

blog_meg said...

I think your family needs to move here so y'all can never move away!! :o)