As of Friday at 2:31pm I quit being Mrs. Anderson the 1st grade teacher and am just plain Hillary. One of the many reasons I chose this career.......2 week breaks! 2 months in the summer! WOOHOO
So consider this your warning. I did not bring home ANY school work to do (except report cards!) and I now have a tiny bit of free time so my goal is to catch up on my blog entries...which date back to October. We've been really busy but not too many new things going on. Jake graduated from A&M, we'll be living in Sherman for a few months and then it's most likely on to Houston for Jake's new job. Lots of exciting things to catch up on but not enough time!
And this totally seems like baby season!!! It seems like 75% of my young friends have just had babies, are about to have babies soon or are expecting in the near future! How exciting is that?! I am so happy for all of you...I'll get to share in your joy while waiting for my own! Which is not any time soon....I'm still exhausted from our new puppy ;) Call when you need a babysitter!!
Christmas is definitely my favorite time of year...the tradition, the music, the feeling...everything is just wonderful. We had our Christmas choir program at church today and the music was just beautiful. My brother and I had solos and we're both sick, but evidently we sounded good according to others....I'll attribute that to the angels that were helping us ;) Anyways, it reminded me of the reason for the season and the comforts that we are blessed with. A young 1st grade teacher in my school district recently passed away and it reminded me that not everyone is having a wonderful Christmastime. She had 2 young daughters and a husband who are now about to spend Christmas without their mother. I feel for this family but can take comfort in the thought that THEY are being comforted by someone who has more love to give than any of us ever could. So keep people in your prayers this season who may be struggling as we are enjoying time with family. And if you are one of the strugglers, my thoughts and prayers are with you as well. I hope all of you are enjoying this time of year as much as possible...I sure am trying!
No comments:
Post a Comment