I am done trying to do any posts about the last 2 months...I've got pictures and a thousand stories, but the time has just passed! So to where we are now....
We are officially moved into our Sherman apartment. Things are going great here. I just attended the Texas First Grade Teacher Conference in Austin with my team members...there's of us. There are 3 of us under 26 so we roomed together and had a blast. I'm lucky to have such an awesome team...all 7 of us were up past midnight both nights talking, laughing and playing cards. Oh and of course, we learned some great things too :) We came back re-energized and ready to go. Our kids are pretty challenging this year so we needed some fresh ideas and perspectives on how to help them be successful and happy at school....and keep us sane! Hopefully some of these new ideas come in handy! It was a 2 day conference, Mon and Tues, so we left on Sunday afternoon to travel to Austin. The conference was at the Double Tree Hotel so we stayed there too. Today, ice storms started hitting north Texas as the temperatures started dropping so we missed the last half of the conference so we could get home and beat the weather. Jake went to Houston so I told him to stay in College Station rather than travel in this weather. I miss him but I would miss him a LOT more if something were to happen to him. So one more night....
Not a whole lot to report. I'll have to do a post on the "puppy" soon. We got Allee in October when she was about 6 weeks old and about 4pounds. Now she is 31 pounds and almost 5 months old. She's a ball of fire and will run around inside or out all day if we let her. She's been adopted by my parents for that reason....it would kill her to be stuck in our apartment all day and not have a fenced yard to run around in. She's a cute puppy...big and stubborn, but so cute!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a delayed start to school tomorrow! I need a little sleep since I've been sick for about 2 weeks now. Just can't kick this bug!
No comments:
Post a Comment