Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It's officially official....



Nope not an officialy pregnancy announcement :)....an official "we're moving" announcement...

Jake and I have been talking for quite some time about our current life situations...with jobs being the main hot topic of course! He was offered this awesome job in Katy, TX but I happen to have this awesome job in Sherman, TX. Sadly, those two places are about 325 miles apart, so commuting is NOT a possibility...we've done the long distance relationship of 250 miles and that was bad enough...Never again! SOOO. We are taking the plunge. I'm taking the plunge I guess. Jake has been excited about this job all along, and rightfully so. He has felt good about this job from day one and so many things have just fallen into place perfectly. But I was dead set against it because I wanted to stay here and keep my job for at least another year. Until I tried those little things called prayer and fasting. And lo and behold....we got a strong answer that Katy is not only where we should be at this time...it's where we need to be.
So I just resigned from Sherman ISD last week (tears!) and have been letting my family and friends all know. It's sad that I won't be 2 minutes away from my parents and my school and within 10 minutes of 2 sets of grandparents, 2 sets of aunts and uncles, and 6 cousins not to mention other friends in this area. But it's time to branch out on our own. When we got married we were living in College Station, close to his family. Our next home has been here in Sherman, close to my family. Now it's time to be on our own. No more stopping at mom's house for tissue paper before a baby shower or a cooler on the morning of a field trip. Or having Mimi come to read to my kids each Thursday. Or watching Ross and Jake on the softball team. I'll miss that, but I know we'll have lots of new and fun and exciting experiences. And hey, I can't complain...we'll still be in the same state as our family and close enough to have weekend visits. Which WILL happen Mom I promise :) And thank goodness for that little invention called a webcam!
I wasn't planning on telling my students, but because a lot of them have parents who are "in the know" I wanted them to hear it from me not their mom. Not that it's a big deal, they are going to have new teachers next year anyways. So I mentioned it one morning before an important writing test I was about to have them do... cancel that! 5 of my 15 started crying and the other 10 tried to make themselves cry! It was so precious. Just knowing that I won't be there to say hi to next year was upsetting them. They are my babies, my first group of first graders, and I'll always remember them and love them the most. We have been through A LOT this year and I love each one of them individually. So of course we all had a big cry, cancelled our writing and just did centers for the rest of the morning! I'll miss them!
Katy ISD had a big job fair last weekend so I went to that with Karli in search of some good luck. I was lucky enough to be chosen to be interviewed by 2 schools so we'll see if something comes of that. There was probably close to 1,000 people there, 32 elementary schools to visit, and lines EVERYWHERE. In the 3 or so hours we spent there, I only got to visit with 8 schools...so I have my work cut out for me. Keep that in your prayers :)
So that's that! Katy, here we come. If I'm ready of not, we're making the move in June. I know it sounds like I'm completely sad and not looking forward to this move, but I really am! I'm excited for the new experience, which is saying a lot because I do NOT like change. But knowing in my heart that this is the right decision is also a big help in my attitude. So yes I AM excited and I AM ready. Woo! ;)

2 comments:

AimeeTheSuperMom said...

*sigh* I'm going to need a little time to decide if I approve of this or not. WHO is going to teach Pretty to be...well...pretty?!?!?

Laura said...

You will love it there in Katy. I grew up in the Katy Stake and lived really close (I grew up in Cypress). You should look in the Cy-Fair ISD too since it's right next to Katy...they have about 50 elementary schools in the district and I have a ton of friends who are teachers in Cy-Fair. I think some Cy-Fair schools are even in Katy city limits.