Monday, March 29, 2010

Fortunes and such...

I love LOVE fortune cookies. I love to read my fortunes and love to eat the cookies. Jake hates them so if we go out, I get 2 cookies, but am nice enough to let him keep his fortune...sometimes...unless it's a really good one. But let's face it...these days, most fortunes aren't even fortunes. They are more along the lines of "you're a kind person" or "you have a generous heart." That's not a fortune! So imagine my suprise at my latest string of....well, good fortunes.

Fortune #1 - You will be called upon to celebrate good news. Just weeks later, I found out my sister was pregnant. Fortune #1 comes true.

Fortune #2 - Good things are coming to you in due course of time. Again, just weeks later, I found out I was pregnant. Fortune #2 comes true.

Fortune #3 - New financial resources will soon become available to you. Well...if fortunes #1 and #2 came true, this one will too, right?! Right?

Fortune #4 - Any troubles you have will pass very shortly. I got this a couple of weeks ago in Utah when I was so so so so sick so I was hoping it applied to that. It's sort of come true...I'm feeling a little better, but not too much!

My faith in fortunes has been restored for the time being...maybe the universe really does care about me and my happiness!

On another note, our house was officially started today! I went out to our lot after work and they were working away! We are so excited to be building a house. When we set out to look at houses that is not the route we were planning on going, we just wanted to buy. But building turned out to be a better deal, and who wouldn't want to pick out EVERYTHING about your house? From brick color to where we want the garage, from interior features to elevation....it's all our choice. And as stressful as that can be at times, it's also very fun and we KNOW we are going to be happy with everything, because WE picked it! We went to the design center last week to pick out all the interior things and we meet with our builder this week to go over the finer points of the process. If all goes according to plan the house should be finished mid-June, just in time for the tax credit and just in time to get a room all decorated for Baby Anderson! We're excited about taking this step, but it's kinda scary to drop thousands of $$$$$$$ too. Wish us luck! Updates coming as the house progresses.

Baby update - Still exhausted, still nauseous ALL the time, did I mention still exhausted? I seriously could sleep all the time. Last Friday I slept from 5pm-9pm and was still able to sleep well from 11pm-7:30am. I hear that's perfectly normal though so I'll enjoy my sleep while I can. I have a doctor appointment this Wednesday so we'll get to see the baby again. At our last appointment I think Jake was almost more excited than me when we saw and heard the baby...so we're definitely looking forward to getting to see it again!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Yea on building a house! We are excited for you guys. What street are you building on and who is your builder? Well, hope you start feeling better soon!