Sunday, April 11, 2010

TWINS!!! Not...

Remember that game where you say a lie and then yell NOT! Or was I the only weird kid that played that? "You are SO ugly...NOT!" That one? Well Jake had his own version of this game...

We're having twins!!! Not!

We went to the doctor on March 31st for a routine visit. I called my mom on the way home and decided to do an early April Fools joke and told her it was twins...I kind of had her going, but when she said "seriously???" I said "nope!" I couldn't let her have a heart attack or anything. She laughed and made me repeat the joke with my dad when he got home. (Don't you love silliness??) Well Jake decided to take it a step further. He posted this picture....


on facebook and said "New ultrasound, big news!!" Some people didn't really know what they were looking at but most figured it out and started congratulating us on expanding our family by two rather than one. My disclaimer: I went to bed at 7 that night and had no idea about this. I woke up to texts, calls and emails from people congratulating me, then saying "oh, April Fools, I get it" Jake had everyone believing him and I will admit..it was pretty funny. SO I apologize to those who fell for it...you've just got to think twice when it comes to Jake! :)

We are going to the doctor this week for what they call the ultrascreen...basically it is a chromosomal screening test and we'll find out if our baby is at risk for having Down Syndrome. We'll get to have an ultrasound so pictures to come soon. This is an exciting week...framing on the house and pictures of the baby...yes!!!

No comments: