Sunday, August 15, 2010

"Our Precious Elizabeth"...

...is what the ultrasound tech wrote at the top of Elizabeth's first pictures. :) On Friday the 13th Jake and I went to our 3D/4D ultrasound to see little Elizabeth. We had originally planned on going to the ultrasound place at my doctor's office but decided to try a place in Sugarland instead and we are so glad we did! Not only was it only $99 but the tech acted like he was just as excited as we were and worked so hard to get us some good pictures and video. Our 20 minute session lasted closer to 45 minutes and we came away with 28 minutes in video and about 50 pictures to call our own. I would highly recommend this place to anyone in the Houston area. Thanks to Kellye and Sean for recommending it to us!!

It was so fun to see this little cutie. We had my mom and dad and Jake's mom with us and it was nice to experience this all together. She was a bit stubborn...or maybe just out of room because she had both arms and legs up by her face and would often hide behind them. She also had the umbilical cord up by her face and would try to hide behind that as well. Combine that with being squished against my tummy and it's a miracle we got as many pictures of her as we did! But we were able to reposition her to get some good shots of her little face. Her heartbeat was good, 153 bpm, she's still a girl (YAY) and she's measuring a week earlier than my due date...which doesn't surprise me since I've thought I was due a week earlier than the first ultrasound said anyways. So enjoy these cute little pictures of our precious Elizabeth!









Her left foot

She's got some chubby cheeks!


Heart

Definitely a girl!

Left hand up in front of her face saying no more pictures!




Jake asked the ultrasound tech if she had any hair yet, and sure enough she does!


All of those limbs up in her face! She is flexible!


Big yawn!

One last great picture...See you soon Lizzie!
Now I know everybody has different opinions of these pictures. We LOVED them...but I understand they can look a bit odd and let's just say it...creepy. She does look a little distorted from being smashed against my uterine wall so don't worry...she'll be a beautiful, normal looking baby when she arrives. I hope! :)

No comments: