Saturday, September 25, 2010

What 36 weeks pregnant looks like

...on me at least:

In front of Elizabeth's crib...it's full of stuffed animals and toys right now...when she's finally ready for it in a few months we'll empty it out for her. But for now, her toys need a home! And I was always the little girl who gave every stuffed animal and doll a name and a home. So why change now?!



View from the front


And the back....I'm still squeezing myself into my size Medium 1st grade class t shirt. :) We picked out paint for the room last night and will get it finished next week. I know, we're so behind. We just bought our car seat a couple of nights ago! :)

So it's been a long 36 weeks I'm not going to lie. I've had the swine flu, 5ish months of morning sickness, I just now am getting more of an appetite, though I still can't eat certain things, I've NEVER had any of that pregnancy energy people says comes along, even nesting really hasn't happened for me. I've had extremely bad back pain, especially after being in my first car accident ever...which caused me to have my first hospital stay ever too. I no longer sleep at night, but thankfully somehow have the energy to teach my sweet little first graders the next day. I've had to move into the guest bedroom for 2 reasons: 1, I've started SNORING of all things and combine that with my constant tossing and turning, and Jake being a light sleeper and..well at least one of us should be sleeping right? 2, My back doesn't like our bed, so I'm sleeping in the harder bed in the guest bedroom and that has worked wonders. I can honestly say there's probably not a single pregnancy symptom/side effect that I haven't experienced. But anyways really, whoever said pregnancy was easy? Totally worth it right?! We are so excited to make it through these next few weeks and meet our precious little girl. We are so blessed and fortunate to be able to provide a good home for Elizabeth and will be the best parents we can be as we raise our first daughter. Life truly is good!

Disclaimer: I promise I'm not complaining about being pregnant. I wouldn't trade this experience for the world. But people ask how I'm doing....and this is the honest answer!

2 comments:

Aubrey G said...

When I was pregnant with Zander I was miserable! I swore we would never have any more kids, it was just so hard on me. Plus being high risk and the possibility of complications was just overwhelming. But the moment I held him in my arms it was so worth it and at some point I remember telling Ben I wanted 10 more! I'm sorry you have had some struggles but it is so rewarding too. I'm so excited for you, you look adorable and I can't wait to see your sweet baby!

AimeeTheSuperMom said...

Hmmm...you might wanna' give me a call. There are a few pregnancy and post-pregnancy symptoms they don't really tell you about. I'll tell you, though. And I can tell you how to make them better. Let's be honest here. I've never been one to mince words. ;)