Thursday, October 7, 2010

Little Chloe Madison....

It's hard to believe Chloe is almost 3 weeks old!! I hate that I can't see or hold her but pictures do suffice I guess. Both mommy and baby are doing well and are just trying to get adjusted to a whole new world....literally! Here are some sweet pictures of my little niece.





I'm so excited that Elizabeth will have a cousin that's just a few weeks older than her and I hope they can be good friends despite not living in the same town. I've learned a TON in the past few weeks from Brooke's experiences and while I do know that every pregnancy, delivery and baby is different, I do feel more prepared about what to expect. I honestly believe Lizzie is coming early so I'm anxiously trying to make sure everything is completely ready for her so when she does come, I can focus on her and not worry about other things. Call me crazy but I've washed every piece of her clothing plus her blankets, burp rags, towels, wash cloths...pretty much anything that will touch her body. You just never know what kind of germs or chemicals are on those things and I didn't want them touching my fragile little baby's body. So that was a huge load off. Kathy is finishing up the nursery for us, though Elizabeth won't need it for a while of course. I still have not packed my hospital bags completely....I think that as soon as I do have them ready to go Elizabeth will come so subconsciously I keep putting it off. :) We are ready for her to arrive but are pretty nervous at the same time! I've finished all but 2 of my parent-teacher conferences but other than that things are ready at school for me to leave and my AMAZING long term sub to start. Lizzie is full term and kicking and punching to get out so I say bring it on, we're ready!!! Especially momma...I'm definitely huge, uncomfortable, sleep deprived, and totally over being pregnant. I'll post some pictures tomorrow because I feel like I've grown a ton just in the past two weeks alone. Check back later!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Girl, you don't look full-term! You are cute prego. I can't wait to hear about Elizabeth and y'all are going to make great parents. Please let us know if you need anything!!

Aubrey G said...

I love that you wrote this and had her less than 24 hours later! I had the same feeling Zander was coming early, but I didn't have everything ready and him coming at 37 weeks really caught me off guard!