Monday, March 14, 2011

On Saturday night Jake and I headed to downtown Houston to the Four Seasons hotel for the AXA Awards Banquet. It was a black tie affair so Jake put on his tux and I found this steal of a dress for 65% off, $25 and we were ready to go.

There was a cocktail party first, followed by a sit down dinner and awards presentation. It was an absolutely beautiful evening and a wonderful party. I really like Jake's co-workers so it was nice to spend the evening with them as well as meet other members of the company from across Texas. To work in Jake's industry you really have to be a people person so the atmosphere of the party was so friendly with everyone mingling together, introducing themselves to everybody and starting conversations about any and everything. I really enjoyed myself and I know Jake did too. He did enough business this year to be invited to the banquet without having to pay so that was an added bonus! Our goal next year is to get invited to the big trip. This year's trip was to San Diego of all places...I would have LOVED to go there, maybe sneak an excursion to find my brother. :)

Here are some pics of our night.





No comments: