Went to the doctor yesterday and got a clean bill of health of course!! Elizabeth was so much fun and spent the whole time showing off to the nurse and doctor. She showed how she can talk and squeal and say "babababababa" until the cows come home. :) She showed off her amazingly good posture as she sat up straight by herself... She rolled all over the table and tore the paper up with her kicking and playing... She showed off her beautiful smile and her contagious laugh and had us all wrapped around her little finger. We just had a good time and who can say that about going to the doctor?!
Elizabeth got 3 shots and an oral vaccine and cried of course for the shots but was fine as soon as I picked her up. She takes it like a champ!
The doctor was overly pleased at Elizabeth's progress and strength and said she is doing really well. We decided to give her a little more formula if she'll take it and go ahead and start actual baby foods as well. We did green beans last night so we'll stick with that for a few days and see how it goes. She acted like they were no different than the oatmeal that she can't get enough of so she seemed to like them!! I, on the other hand, had a little taste and was NOT impressed. :) I'm seriously looking into making our own baby food and seeing how it goes. We'll see. Any recommendations?
Her stats were as follows:
Weight: 14 lbs, 13 oz (25th percentile)
Height: 24.5 inches (10th percentile)
Head: 41 cm (12th percentile)
The doctor told me before she gave me the percentiles that the numbers were low but not to worry because Elizabeth is progressing as she should on her growth chart. She knows me too well. :) She is just a small little girl and we love her for it!! All in all it was a great visit and we can't wait to go again at 9 months!!
1 comment:
I make the baby food for our boys. I didn't do it for Damon and Xavier but I did for Aiden and have been doing it for Gray too. Honestly, its so easy you'll wonder why you bought it at all. Although, we still buy some just as a back up or if we are traveling. For the most part you just cook the food really really well then blend it with a little bit of water that you cooked it in. If it seems to thick, add more water. I've used a food processor and a blender, I think the blender works best. I use fresh and frozen foods.
Here's a website with some recipes and tips. http://wholesomebabyfood.com/
Also, our babies have loved avocados and those you just have to mash really well so they are super easy. Same with bananas.
Post a Comment