Friday, April 8, 2011

6 Months Old

I feel like 6 months is such a huge milestone for babies. When they're younger than 6 months it seems so young and small and newborn/infant - ish. When they're older than 6 months it seems like they're just bigger and smarter and not so babyish any more. I know, wait until she's seriously not a baby anymore. But oh my goodness...my baby is just amazing to me. I can not believe she is 6 months old, I can not believe the progress she has made in the past 6 months, I can't believe the strength that she has, the things that she has learned, the way that she has grown....it truly is a miracle that only God can provide. His little children are so precious and I am so grateful that He blessed me with one to raise and take care of.

There has been SO MUCH going on over the past month so CAUTION: lots of reading!!! Here is the latest with Lizzie...

-Is mobile...she has discovered that she can roll around on the floor to get across the room or get to a toy (or cell phone!) and thinks this is hilarious. She has even wound up half under the coffee table a few times! She can push herself up like she's ready to crawl, scoot herself forward and in a full circle. Basically, she's just never in the same spot that we put her down so we have to be more careful with her!

-Is sitting up on her own...has been doing this for a while but is lasting longer periods of time and not having to hold herself up with her hands anymore. When she's on the couch or in her bouncy seat she can use her strong little abs to pull herself up into a sitting position.

-Is eating oatmeal and formula still and loving it. If I'm not fast enough with a bottle or the spoon, I hear about it!

-Is laughing, smiling and talking all the time. She loves to laugh at us and does the funniest laughs to get US to laugh!! She prefers to just smile at you though and saves her laughs for the really funny stuff. She jabbers all the time, whether it's saying "ba ba ba", "ga ga ga" or just squealing. She is truly a little social butterfly. She will smile at anyone who smiles at her or gives her a funny face and wants to interact with new people...which is good because there for a while she wanted nothing to do with anybody besides me, Jake or Missy.

-Is grabbing onto everything in sight from mommy's hair to mommy's clothes to mommy's shoes to mommy's cell phone...you get the picture. She wants everything she sees and most of it goes straight in the mouth. She grabs her paci and plays with it all the time and puts it back in when she wants it. She especially loves to grab hold of burp cloths or towels and stick them in her mouth.

-Continues to become a better sleeper. Jake and I left her overnight for the first time with my parents and she slept 9 hours. Of course she's never done that for us....not before and not since. But she does normally take at least 3 naps a day and sleeps 7-8 hours at night. She prefers to sleep on her tummy...even if we lay her on her back she'll roll to her tummy to sleep.

-Continues to gain strength...her little legs are always working as she pushes up on them in order to stand. She loves to be standing rather than sitting or lying down so she's pretty strong in the leg department. Maybe she'll follow in mommy's footsteps and be a gymnast. :)

-Is wearing 3-6 month clothes still (6 month clothes are a little big) and size 2 diapers.

-Absolutely LOVES bath time. Oh. my. goodness. Bath time is pretty much the most amazing thing to ever hit the planet according to Elizabeth. She could sit in her bathtub for hours if I let her, splashing, kicking and playing with her toys. She loves to splash herself in the face and thinks it's funny when I squeal after she splashes me too. Bath time is probably one of my most favorite times with her.

That's about it for now. We head to the doctor next Tuesday for her well check/shots so I'll post next week what her current stats are. We certainly don't have any dull days in our house and our loving our sweet girl more and more each day!! Happy birthday Lizzie!

Here are some pictures I snagged today while she was in a happy smiley mood...We're getting her 6 month pictures done on the 16th with Kendra Martin Photography, the same girl who did her newborn portraits...so excited, she is AMAZING!














No comments: