Wednesday, June 8, 2011

8 Months

Happy 8 Month Birthday to our sweet little one! Elizabeth has been very busy this past month as she has learned we have an entire house to explore. I've got to buy her some Baby Legs...her poor knees are always red! Here are a few things that we've been up to:

-Elizabeth is becoming quite the little mover. Like I said she's discovered the different rooms in our house and will quickly make her way from room to room. She likes to follow us if we leave a room and is so sneaky! I was making dinner last night and I turned around and she was sitting in the kitchen with me...silly girl! I left her in the living room! She also climbs onto the coffee table shelf...what am I going to do with her?! She makes grunting and growling noises when she's frustrated or really concentrating on getting somewhere.

-Eats 1.5-2 containers of Stage 2 baby food a day. She loves it all except for peas...she refuses to eat those. :) She has four 6 or 7 oz bottles a day. She loves to snack on Gerber puffs and yogurt melts. We're still working on the sippy cup.

-Still no teeth and no tears. I'm not worried about the no teeth but the doctor said we'd discuss the no tears at her 9 month appointment next month.

-Wearing all 6-9 month clothes finally, no more 3-6 month! She is up to about 16 pounds and we vary between size 2 and size 3 diapers.

-IS LOUD!!!! She is so funny when she babbles...sometimes it's just one loud sound....but it's SO loud. She says the ba, ga, gi, and ma sounds and sometimes just nonsense sounds.

-Everything goes in the mouth...and she chews and swallows it if I don't catch her. She loves paper and will eat away at it so I've had to put all the magazines and such out of her reach. This is a constant battle because she can find even the tiniest speck of something on the ground and will put it in her mouth.

-Is pulling up and climbing...She doesn't like to be laying down. Her favorite thing to do is pull up on her Bumpo and stand up. I'm thinking we'll have an early walker!

-Sleeps about 9-10 hours at night and takes 2-3 good naps a day

-Loves bath time and swim time! If she could live in the water, I think she would!

-Loves to touch EVERYTHING. She loves different textures and feels I guess because she will touch, scratch and bat at anything in reach



Here are some recent pictures of our Lizzie. Her 6-9 month album can be found HERE






No-No Lizzie!!!!

Look at me Momma!!

Where's Lizzie?!?

Rocking away :)




Happy mornings are our favorite!


Getting so big and strong!

Her view on bows is a bit different than mine obviously....



She pulled the doorstop right out of the wall...obviously a few more baby proofing things to do!












1 comment:

Aubrey G said...

What a cutie! That is so funny about the door stops, Zander did that too. He pulled off every single one! I hope you are enjoying your summer home with her so far!