Sunday, May 22, 2011

Our First Mother's Day

We had a wonderful Mother's Day this year, and our little Lizzie made it all the more special. We were in Sherman with my family from Thursday evening through Monday morning and made great use of the short time we had together. Family time, friends time, dinners, pedicures, shopping...we squeezed it all in! :) We got to Skype with my brother who is serving a mission in San Diego and that was SO fun. It was the first time for him to see the babies so it was pretty cool. We really enjoyed our time together that weekend and I realized how very blessed we are with amazing friends and family. I have especially recognized the blessing it is to be a mother, even more so over the past couple of weeks.

Elizabeth came a little earlier than we planned. Ideally we would have waited to get pregnant until I could stay home with the baby. But after my doctor's recommendation and much thought and prayer we decided sooner would be better than later. And here came Lizzie! We have been blessed beyond measure with a sweet, smart, happy and healthy little girl and are constantly thanking our Father in Heaven for all that we have been given and the privilege it is to be her parents. The past 8 months have changed our lives for sure. There have been ups and downs, tears and smiles, frustrations and laughs. We've experienced emotions ranging all across the board. Even in the toughest moments I wouldn't trade this for anything. I love being a mother and am so lucky to have a precious child of God in our home to care for. We love our little Elizabeth so much and get our greatest joys out of just being with her and watching her laugh and smile. This Mother's Day meant so much to me even though it seemed like just another day. I realized how much I love being a mother and how much I love my own mother...and grandmothers...and sister...and all the ladies in my life! I am very blessed and can't say that enough.

Enjoy these pictures from our fun-filled weekend!





















She loves her baby food so much that she'll do a backbend to get it!

My dad's mom with Chloe and Elizabeth


My mom's mom with Chloe and Elizabeth


Two of my beautiful grandmothers with Andrea and Alivia












3 generations...Lizzie, Mommy and GiGi




Showing off Gigi's Mother's Day present from Pa Pa :)

No comments: