Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Must Have Recipe...

Let's start by saying I don't belong in the kitchen. I like to bake and cook and try new things, but let's face it...sometimes my creations are an epic failure. Or at least a never do again kind of thing. I can follow a recipe down to every last word and something still goes wrong. I will give myself a tad bit of credit though...I've had a few things turn out REALLY good. And this is one of them...

My mom forwarded me this recipe and I think she got it from my sister. They're stuffed pizza rolls (which we get at Double Dave's all the time and love). We had one version of them on Sunday at my mom's house but last night I tried the recipe on my own and followed every single word of it. :) And it was a winner. These are simple and easy and pretty quick and made my house smell like a yummy Italian restaurant. They are good for a big family or a little one and will please any pizza eater out there. So try them and enjoy them!!! They may just become a staple in my house one day!

Stuffed Pizza Rolls

1 roll refridgerated pizza dough (or make your own)
Marinara/Pizza Sauce (can even use Ragu!)
2 T Parmesan Cheese
1 T olive oil or melted butter
1/2 t garlic powder
1 t Italian seasoning
Mozzerella cheese
Pizza toppings of your choice (pepperoni, ham, pineapple, sausage, etc...)

Preheat over to 400.

Unroll your pizza dough onto a lightly floured surface. Pat or roll the dough so it's about 12" by 8". Cut the dough into about 24 squares using a pizza cutter.

Place cheese and desired toppings on each square. You can eyeball how much just keep in mind that you will need to enclose the toppings in the dough. The marinara/pizza sauce is for dipping but I actually put a little in the rolls as well.

When all of the dough squares have cheese and toppings on them, carefully lift up each square and wrap the dough around the toppings. Pinch to make sure each ball is sealed shut and then place them seam side down in a lightly sprayed pie pan. Brush the tops of the dough balls with olive oil or melted butter and then sprinkle with the garlic and Italian seasoning and top with Parmesan cheese.

Cook them in the oven for about 10-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with marinara sauce on the side for dipping.


Sorry I didn't take any pictures of my masterpiece! :)

No comments: