A little late, but here we go. Our little Lizzie turned 7 months old on Mother's Day. What a happy gift! She continues to grow and develop and be the sweetest little angel. So in love with her!
What's the latest:
-Continues to be quite the mover! She's graduated from rolling to crawling...or semi-crawling actually...I guess it's the "army crawl." And she is FAST. We turn our backs and she's into the DVDs, into a different room or underneath something. She thinks this is hilarious and gives us huge smiles when we catch her so we can't help but laugh at her. We've been working on the baby proofing.
-Sits up all the time...on the floor, on the couch, in the grocery cart, in a high chair, everywhere.
-We started baby food when Elizabeth turned 6 months old. For the first month we did Stage 1 foods...green beans, apples, bananas, squash, sweet potatoes, etc... After a month of that we started Stage 2. She hasn't met a food that she doesn't like although bananas don't seem to agree with her as we had our first case of constipation in the middle of church on Mother's Day. :( She LOVES her food. I put her in the Bumpo one day and had her food on the floor next to her and she did a backbend to get to it. I'll post the pictures later. If I put her bottle on the floor she races over to it to pick it up and is trying to figure out how to hold it on her own. She has also started working with a sippy cup. She can drink the heck out of it but prefers to have us hold it for her.
-Has started talking TO things. She's babbled for a long time to herself or to the air but now I've noticed her looking at me or hands or her toys and talking. So cute...I wish I could understand those little conversations. She loves to be swung around, tossed up and down and tickled..that's how we get the biggest laughs.
-Her favorite toys do not include baby toys that you can find at the store. She'd much rather have sunglasses, phones, remote controls, electronics, cords...etc... Not the safest items!! Why is that?!
-Sleeps 8-9 hours at night on her tummy or side. Scared me at first but this is how she sleeps best so I won't fight it!
-Can stand alone when holding onto something. She can't pull herself up yet but if I stand her next to the couch she can hold herself up. I think we know what's coming all too fast....!
-Into 6 month clothes and up now, no more 3-6 months. Her 9 month clothes swallow her so we'll save those for later on in summer.
-Loves the water...continues to love bath time and enjoyed her first experience in the pool (heated of course!) She will kick and play all day! She also loves to play outside and be with our dog Allee. She think Allee is the funniest thing ever. :)
-Celebrated her first Easter in College Station
-Celebrated OUR first Mother's Day in Sherman
-Went to her first Houston Rockets basketball game and Aggie baseball game
She had her 6 month pictures taken a month ago...Here is a link to our photographer's blog:
http://www.kendramartinphotographyblog.com/?p=2513
And here are all of her pictures: Go to www.kendramartinphotography.com then go to clients and the password is anderson2011
No comments:
Post a Comment