I'm really having a hard time with this whole getting older thing...and Elizabeth isn't even 1 yet! I think it's because she's so close to being 1. My baby is soon not going to be a baby anymore and that is so bittersweet! The other night I couldn't sleep so I went into Elizabeth's room, picked her up out of her crib and put her in bed with me just because I wanted to be close to her. I've also been caught a couple of times sleeping in the floor beside her crib. I figure I can't do that forever, so I need to take advantage of it while I can! :)
I'm home sick today so I'm doing Elizabeth's 11 month blog one day early. Here's the latest:
Crawling/Walking: Elizabeth is FAST. She can crawl at speeds I can't compete with. She literally can disappear in the blink of an eye. It's almost comical...except for the fact that it sometimes means we lose her. Good thing our house isn't huge! :) She loves loves loves to walk...but only if we're holding her hands! She's pretty fast at this too. We let her practice with her push walker so our backs don't give out on us. :) She'll walk from place to place, holding onto something to keep her balance. She loves to climb up on things or down off the couch or out of our laps. She's a HUGE fan of the stairs.
Eating: We're still trying to get Elizabeth to gain a little weight since she fell off her weight curve. She take 4, 8oz bottles a day though it's sometimes a fight to get her to finish a bottle. She eats 2-3 containers of baby food a day along with bites of whatever we're eating. She's eaten things like mac and cheese, potatoes, bread, spaghetti, etc...
Sleeping: Still 2 good naps a day, 1-2 hours or more if she's exhausted. If we're out running around in the evenings she grabs a catnap in the car too. If she doesn't get that evening nap she's tired and ready for bed around 8. Sleeping through the night of course!
Clothes: Anywhere from sizes 9-12 months. I even stick her in some 6 month onesies if it's laundry day. :) She's itty bitty! Shoes - size 1, diapers - size 3
Speech: We have words!! Elizabeth has always been a babbler, and a loud one at that, but she realizes now that she can use words! She says "uh oh," "mama" "dada" "papa" (we THINK she knows who this is...) and "baba" (bottle). She still says plenty of other sounds but those are the words she actually knows the meaning of. She can also sign "please" and "more"
Tricks: Elizabeth loves to make us laugh so when we try to get her to do little tricks she usually is very complient. Our routine of tricks includes the following: waving, blowing kisses, clapping, doing the "touchdown!" sign, signing "please"and "more", shaking her head no, and giving fives.
Development:
-1st tooth officially in, 2nd on its way
-Still no tears...something to discuss at 12 months
-SUPER fine motor skills...she can pick up the tiniest of objects. Yesterday she was concentrating on grabbing my eyelashes. My eyelashes! Goodness. She loves to pick up objects and hand them to us and have them handed back to her and hand them back to us...well you get the picture.
-Understands her name and when we say "no." She has started shaking her head no at us :)
-Laughs up a storm when she is tickled or playing with her favorite toys.
-Loves reading books with mommy -Mimicks sounds she hears (laughing, coughing, talking, etc...)
-Can feed herself finger foods and hold her own bottle and sippy cup
You get the picture...we have our hands full with one sweet, precious little baby. We love her so much and are so proud of her. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment