Spring Break is HERE!!!!!!!! So excited. It felt so good to come home from church yesterday, have a relaxing and restful afternoon, and know that I did not have to get up early in the morning and go to work. Sooo nice.
We kicked off Spring Break with a visit from Ryan, Brooke and Chloe. They arrived Thursday night and hung out with us until Sunday. It's always so fun to get Chloe and Elizabeth together and see how they interact with one another. There was a lot of cuteness in our house this weekend!! :)
Here are the highlights of our weekend...
Elizabeth stayed home on Friday so she could have a play date with Chloe. The girls had lots of fun playing together, shopping, and even took simultaneous 3 hour naps. I think that means Brooke and Ryan are ready for baby #2??? Just saying.
That night we headed to one of our favorites, Lupe Tortilla, here in Katy. We LOVE this place and so do Brooke and Ryan so it was on our must do list. We went with the early birds at 5:00 and ate a yummy dinner. The girls were so well behaved and so funny. Lizzie wanted to sit in my lap toward the end of the meal...I thought she just wanted some mommy time but it turned out she just wanted mommy's food..
Sorry it's dark and blurry. :) We grabbed dessert at Orange Leaf and decided to call it a night since it was dark and rainy. Jake, Lizzie and I ran over the my coworkers house for a minute...Elizabeth always loves playing with Kim and her puppies! We let the men do the business stuff while we watched Eliabeth run all over the house like she owned the place! :) We got home and decided a much needed Skype session was in order so we Skyped with Gigi and Pa Pa before bed time.
Saturday morning my sister and I headed out with Elizabeth in tow to do some shopping. We went to La Centerra and a few other places but really didn't have the best luck. We did buy the girls cute coordinating swimsuits for our family trip to Destin this summer though!
That afternoon we headed down to the Galleria/River Oaks area. Jake and I love looking at the beautiful azaleas in full bloom in the River Oaks area...and looking at the beautiful homes is a plus as well. :) We ate an early dinner at Carrabba's, made the guys drop us off at Janie & Jack for a few minutes, and then went to Crave Cupcakes for dessert. SO YUMMY. I could go there every night for a month and not be tired of cupcakes. Wow.
Here are a few pictures of the girls on the way into town...we put Chloe in Elizabeth's carseat and Elizabeth in her old carseat...that she still fits in! :)
Brooke, Ryan & Chloe left Sunday morning before we had to head to church. Thanks for coming to visit us!! :)
And can I just add, Daylight Savings time totally has us OFF. I took this picture at 9:30 last night..an hour and a half past bedtime!! She finally went to bed soon after I took this but was up and ready to go by 7:30 this morning. Happy Spring Break to us! I'll let her off the hook for waking me up early today...I had a doctor's appointment at 9:00 anyways. I love this sweet girl! I'm so excited to get to spend the entire week with her!!!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment