Oh Brookie Brooke...where do I start? :)
Look in the dictionary and find the word "sisters" and you'll see a picture of me and Brooke. We love each other, we hate each other, we're best friends, we fight, we give each other advice, we tune each other out. We are true sisters. At the end of the day, I know I can count on Brooke and she knows she can count on me (I hope!). I've learned a lot from my sister. We shared a bedroom when we were little, shared a wall (and an AC vent that we hid things in!) when we were older, then shared a bedroom again at college (thank goodness it was the master bedroom!). We know each other better than I think we even realize. My sister and I have been through a lot together...more than I can ever share here. We don't always get along and we have then tendency to irritate the heck out of each other. But I like to think these disagreements make our relationship all the more stronger. :) Brooke is way too easy to tease and poor thing puts up with a lot of teasing from our family. Sorry Brookie. :) But you'll never live down, "we'll burn that bridge when we get to it."
My favorite thing about our relationship as sisters is our journey together into motherhood. Elizabeth and Chloe (Brooke's daughter) are 3 weeks apart. I've loved experiencing this new journey with Brooke as we've swapped advice, stories and tears. Our daughters are nothing alike (much like their mothers!) so we've learned a lot from each other.
I love my sissy. She is an amazing friend, mother and daughter of God. She puts 100% into everything that she does (ex: planning the wardrobe for the family vacay months in advance!) and we love that about her. She takes great care of her young women at church and sets such a good example for them and for me and Lizzie and everybody she comes into contact with. I hope you know how much I love you Brookie!
 |
| The only picture of us as college roomies I could find! We loved our virgin pina coladas! |
 |
| Circa 2006...we loved babysitting! |
 |
| OKC...Toby Keith's Bar & Grill |
 |
| Beautiful Gaylord Hotel |
 |
| Wedding time!! |
 |
| We always take care of each other :) |
 |
| This would be a beautiful picture if it wasn't so bright! Yikes!! This was at Brooke's rehearsal dinner. |
 |
| Brooke married an awesome man that we all love...and he loves her. :) |
 |
| Ryan & Brooke |
 |
| Sisters and mom....at one of my bridal showers |
 |
| Bachelorette party..woohoo!!!! |
 |
| Happy wedding day to me! |
 |
| My college graduation day...Brooke outfitted me with lots of great teacher stuff...all of which I still have and use...even the blue bucket! |
 |
| Mommy still dresses us alike |
 |
| My best friends! Alicia, Jessica, Amanda, me, Brooke and Tabetha..cousins at Amanda's baby shower a few years ago |
 |
| See what I mean about taking care of each other! |
 |
| With Ross the night before he left for the MTC...and the day I found out Brooke was pregnant! |
 |
| Pregnant sisters:) |
 |
| With out sweet babies |
 |
| Teaching the girls Dallas Cowboys love early in life! |
 |
| The most recent picture I have of all of us :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment