Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Elizabeth's Week of Fun...

I've yet to sort and edit our Vancouver and Whistler pictures from our trip so I thought I'd do a quick post about Elizabeth's week instead.  She stayed in Sherman with my family and we are so grateful to them for their willingness to go above and beyond to help us out.  My sister and her daughter stayed at my parents' house for 2 days and the girls LOVED playing together.  My parents traded off the other days.  We didn't get home until late Sunday night so Elizabeth had a full week in Sherman...and my family kept her busy!  Here are a few pictures from her trip.

All cuddled up in her crib at Gigi's house...she loves to be snuggled in a corner, laying like this...

Birthday dinner for Aunt Brooke! 

So happy to be spending the day with Papa!

Yes, Papa, I will be wearing this hat today.

Fun on the train at the Gainesville Zoo

Hanging her head out the window to feel the wind in her face...like a dog...and like her momma.  I used to always do that. :)




Ready for church on Sunday

Probably my favorite picture of the week.  I LOVED having Mimi read to me as a child.  Elizabeth loves to be read to as well so she was soaking up her Mimi time. 

Mimi with her two great grandbabies.  When Brooke got there Monday morning we realized the girls were dressed alike, through no planning of our own.  Are we sisters or what?!


It was so hard to leave Elizabeth for an entire week and I really struggled with it in the weeks leading up to our trip.  I knew she would be in great hands and loved and cared for and she absolutely was.  But I'm grateful to be back with her, spending our days together!!  A huge thank you to all of my Sherman family who entertained Elizabeth during her stay...and a humongous thank you to Brooke, Mom and Dad for the sacrifices yall made to keep her.  As my dad would say... "That's what families do."  And I'm grateful I have a family that does things like this willingly.  We love yall!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

She is too cute! Can't wait for your new little babe to arrive.

We are looking to move back to Texas and our eyes are on the katy/sugarland area!!!

ps. I have a new blog www.danplusally.blogspot.com

Ally

Hillary said...

Thanks Ally, she is growing too fast. We're excited for baby sister to arrive. :)

That's great! What brings yall back to Texas? Let me know when you are moving back, we'll have to get together.