I'm one of those moms now. I'll spare my facebook and instagram friends from my joy, but you blog readers can enjoy it. :)
We started potty training two weeks ago. Really, Elizabeth has been ready for a while, but I haven't. This pregnancy is a lot like my last, in that there's always something wrong with me...nausea, aches, pains, fatigue, something. So I've just put it off because I honestly didn't have the energy to do it. Now that summer is here we're jumping in full force and are knocking this potty training thing out. Hopefully.
We went to Target a few weeks ago and Lizzie picked out big girl panties and pull ups. We also took a stroll down the toy aisle so she could see which toy she wanted to come back and buy after she filled up her potty chart (I made her a potty sticker chart to keep track of how many times she goes in the potty...when she fills it up she gets to pick out something from the store). She was pretty excited about the panties and wanted to wear them over her diaper for the first few days. . I also downloaded the Pull Ups iPad app to use some of the features it offers.
Now on to the details of how our week is going so far... Stop here if you don't want to know about the toilet habits of my two year old!
We officially started potty training on a Monday. We set a potty timer to remind us to go for a potty break every 20 minutes. She was drinking lots of juice/water and eating crackers so she went almost every time. She was excited to get a piece of chocolate and a sticker for her chart when she went potty. Potty success of the day: Lizzie started peeing in her panties, stopped herself, told Jake she had to potty and finished up on the toilet. Proud mommy moment. :)
Tuesday was a bit better. Only two accidents. Kept her pull up dry during nap time and went immediately after. Kept her pull up dry while running errands. Potty success of the day: She filled up all the hearts on her potty chart today so we went to Target with daddy to pick out a Cinderella toy. She was pretty excited about getting to choose a toy, and we tried to make sure she knew why she was getting it but I'm not sure it sunk in. :)
![]() |
| Time for a toy!! |
Wednesday, no accidents! Pull up dry during errands and nap time. Potty success of the day: Poopoo in the potty! :)
![]() |
| Running around in undies only all day is her kind of perfect :) |
![]() |
| I left my latest ultrasound pictures on the table and she carried around "baby sister" all day :) |






1 comment:
Awesome! I hope when it comes time to potty train Emilee it goes as well.
Post a Comment