Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pins that actually work...

To my Pinterest friends...we've all been there.  That terrible place where you try a gorgeous looking, seemingly simple "Pin" from Pinterest.  And it turns out ridiculously awful.  It happens to me the most with recipes.  The picture looks oh so yummy and my end result is nowhere close.  So disappointing!

But hopefully you've been in that wonderful place where you feel like super woman because you tried something new that worked miracles.  Thank you Pinterest!  That's what this blog post is dedicated to. :)

So number 1 on my list of Pinterest pins that actually worked for me:

FREE Weekly Menu Planner Printable
I found this awesome link to a blog with these printables for weekly menus.  I REALLY love lists and planners and the paper menu planner I had on my fridge ran out of pages.  So I picked one that I loved, printed it double sided on cardstock (since I plan 2 weeks worth of meals at a time) and laminated it.  Simple, easy, efficient, and works for my family. Doesn't get much better than that.

Number 2...

Finding a link to THIS blog.  Oh my goodness.  The recipes on this amazing girl's blog are so yummy, fresh, and HEALTHY believe it or not.  She includes Weight Watchers points for each meal which is even better since we're familiar with that program.  Our last 2 weeks were all meals from her list of recipes on her blog and we loved pretty much all of them. I discovered that I love cooking with red peppers. :) Try it out, you won't be sorry!

Number 3...
Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight Recipe

If you have the calories to spare and are craving a sweet treat, this is the answer.  I made this Chocolate Chip Cookie delight for Jake's birthday cake this year and it was so good.  It could be because I'm pregnant and always craving something sweet, I don't know.  But I made it in a 9x13 pan and I ate most of it single handedly, no lie.  And it didn't take me all that long.  Thank goodness I'm pregnant and can blame it on that...  The recipe came from Taste of Home's website.

Number 4...
You will be amazed at how clean and soft and nice-smelling your brushes will be.  Make-up brush diy cleaner: 1 cup warm water + 1 TBSP vinegar + 1 TBSP dish soap.  Swirl swirl swirl. Rinse. Reshape and dry overnight!
My make up brush is disgusting...I'll admit it.  I don't clean it as often as I should or as well as I should and the result is a brush that's never completely clean.  I have a foundation brush from Clinique that to replace is about $35.  No thank you.  I tried a few different ideas on Pinterest but nothing worked until this one.  I cleaned my foundation brush, blush brush and even my eyeshadow applicator.  The makeup disappeared within seconds.  AMAZING.  I was so excited I even told Jake about this.  He didn't share my enthusiasm until I told him I wouldn't be spending a crazy amount of money on a new makeup brush. :)  The concoction can be found on this blog.

Number 5
diy home sweet home: Home Management Binder Completed. There are so many things i didn't think of before. I love the "jot it" page!!

As I said earlier, I absolutely love lists.  LOVE THEM.  So I fell in love with this idea for a home management binder that keeps your household in order.  I didn't use every page this lady offered but they are all amazing.  Her blog can be found here.  I have a feeling I'll be visiting this blog again real soon!

That's all for now...I have several more pins that I love that I'll post another time.  Right now I have a 2 year old telling me she wants to go potty...so off we run! :)

1 comment:

Sarah F. said...

I did that same brush cleaning tutorial too! It was disgusting to see everything that came off but so simple I need to do it often!