You know what that coveted t-shirt means! Our playoff tournament was Monday night and we came away with the gold. Look at me saying we...like I did anything! I did get pretty good at keeping the books though ;) Back to the champions. We were the 3 seed and have only lost like 2 or 3 games this season so expectations were high. We won the first game 14-4. The second game was closer, but we scraped by with the win. And the championship game we also won obviously. Tension was in the air though by game 3. The umps were tired, we were tired, the other team was tired, so solution? Fightin words. The teams were exchanging a few choice words and the umps had to get involved and everyone was up out of their seats. I swear, adult softball brings out the worst in everyone sometimes!! But we have a great team this season and all of the players really contributed something to the team so....another championship underneath our belts! YES!
We had a really fun weekend. We have some friends who were throwing a pre-maroon and white game party at their family ranch so we went out there for the afternoon before the big game. It was definitely needed...we had a great time and hopefully we can do it again soon! Then we picked up Peter and went to the game which was BORING. I had forgotten how boring the spring game is. Wow. We stayed the whole time of course. Oh well...it was my absolute last time in Kyle Field as a student so how could I pass that up?! That's right I graduate in less than 3 weeks! Announcements are out, party plans are in the works, what more could I have to be excited about?!
Oh, also I was recently asked to be the primary chorister and I'm SO excited. I've loved it so far. And it was only my mom's FAVORITE calling ever so I have lots of plans and fun things to do with the kids. Don't miss Mother's Day at church! Who doesn't love hearing children sing to their mothers?!
We have lots of things to be excited about right now!! Hopefully you do too! It's springtime...the best time of year ;)
1 comment:
Can't wait to see you as primary music lady! YAY!!
Post a Comment