Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Oh the memories...

So as you can see we're keeping our "little trips" to a maximum distance of 2 hours. Hello, who can afford much more gas than that? Not newlyweds I'll tell you that. Dang those gas prices.
Last Saturday morning I dragged Jake out of bed at 7 am to head to Austin. My mom is a high school computer/business teacher and sponsors the Computer Applications UIL team. She's got a really great team member who consistantly scores well and this year made it to State for the 3rd time. Since State is held in Austin, we decided to go meet my parents for the day...even though we're seeing them this Saturday too. After the test my mom and I graded the papers which took a few hours so the boys studied...boring I know. But the girls had fun! Kinda... Anyways, the girl took first overall and in our division (4A) so we were really excited for her.

(Kirsten and mom)

It's a HARD test and I don't know anyone that could do it. I couldn't have done that test and I was on the team in high school..don't make fun. I was also head cheerleader and Senior class president among other things so let's just say I had broad horizons. Plus my mom was the coach. I also went to state a few years and we always had a lot of fun, so going last weekend brought up a lot of high school memories. Oh the joys of high school..speaking of....
My best friend from high school came over last night. It is always great to catch up with her and I am so glad we have stayed so close. She was pretty much my rock in high school, and I think I was hers too...we have more memories than you can imagine..starting in elementary school play groups. She's my fave..luckily her boyfriend is at the Bush school here in town so she is here a lot! She is a Baylor Bear but loves the Aggies when she is here of course (as you can see in the picture). Love ya Lauren!
This is Lauren trying to combine Baylor with Aggies...our maroons are a bit different...!


I don't know why I like this picture of us...we're both teary eyed. Yes we cried at high school graduation. Tears of joy of course!

No comments: