Friday, January 2, 2009

Wrapping up the season

Living apart from Jake for 18 weeks was not fun. And I know some people are thinking, "then, why did they do it?" I could have stayed in College Station and substituted or continued working for Jerry. But I know I was supposed to go teach these 1st graders in Sherman, and as hard as it was to not have my husband there with me most of the time, it was an experience I wouldn't trade for anything. Thank goodness I was with my family or it would have been unbearable. And one of the best things about this move was the fun things I got to experience with my brother during his Senior year. This time next year he'll be gone or about to be gone to serve a mission. That's really hard for me because I am such a family girl, I don't like my family to be apart, especially in a place where I can't call them up and see how they're doing. So I think I was given this opportunity to spend more time with my family before Ross leaves and get used to the idea. I'm still not used to it though....

This semester has treated Ross great. He had a rough start to his football season but pushed through it and didn't give up. And we're glad he made it! Because Friday nights were some of our funnest times as a family. He had an AWESOME season and we're so proud of him and his team! They made it to the playoffs and though there were some losses, the guys had fun and loved doing what they do best....hitting other people.
Ross & Amberly at their Homecoming game
Best buds....2 years didn't change that, hopefully another 2 won't either!


************************************************************************************
Senior Night - Last home Football game of the year, all senior fball players/cheerleaders honored











Playoff game....we lost, but had a great season....




The annual Fall sports banquet...Ross received the Co-Offensive Lineman of the Year and Bearcat Academic Athlete Awards


Senior football boys with a few of their awards




Offensive Line with their coaches

Ross and our parents






Ross and Amberly with their awards...she is an awesome volleyball player...



Just one more semester left!!!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Looks like you are having a nice time with your family.