I'm one of those crazy people who DOESN'T think Valentines is a silly holiday. It's a day where you can show EXTRA love for the one you love. Isn't that awesome?! We had a great Valentines weekend. Jake came to school for our "Valentines Celebration". The kids exchanged Valentines and ate tons of junk food. Oh don't worry I didn't break any rules. It was a Foods of Minimal Nutritional Value Exempt Day. HA. Don't even get me started....
Anyways, I took some awesome pictures of the kids and how riled up I got them on sugar highs before I sent them off to mom and dad. But I don't post pics of the kids faces on here...so here's an idea...
I brought the kids to the classroom last Friday morning. I was turned around for about 2 minutes and when I made it to my desk to get their morning work...this is what I found..

They had it piled high with treats, gifts, goodies, everything you can think of. I just had to laugh. They were so proud of themselves. It was a 1/2 Day so we didn't have an all out party, just a little celebration with lots of sugar!

Yikes!!! I sent the kids home at noon with an unimaginable high sugar count and hoped the parents didn't kill me for it! Hey, it's their fault, they sent all the cookies, candy and cupcakes.
And also on Friday Jake bought these beautiful tulips for me. They are my absolute FAVORITE! They are still alive and blooming thank goodness. I don't exactly have a green thumb!

And on Saturday he gave me a pretty pink iPod to go along with the tulips! I've been needing a new one, I got my old one about 4 years ago or so...I love the new one...it's got all kinds of neat features. I've been playing with it for days.
I cooked our traditional Valentines dinner of chicken cordon bleu. We both love it and it's pretty simple. We had a wonderful Valentines together and are excited for the many more to come.

My yummy food. Yes we ate on the couch. I was exhausted and couldn't sit up any longer. I thought my mom would appreciate this pictures. These are the cute slippers she gave me for part of my Valentines gift. Love you mom!
1 comment:
Oh Hillary! How I do so miss you and Jake! We need an adventure. Pick a day in March and we'll some see you. Can't wait!
Post a Comment