I hate to admit this....but I accidentally left our class fish at school over the break. Oops! Good news is, he survived the 9 days without food and is still alive and kicking. Which is great considering I've managed to kill about 10 fish this year. His little tank got really dirty over the break though and one of my kids came up to me today and we had this conversation....
Jacob: Mrs. Anderson, will you tell Jake (they all know and love my husband!) he needs to go to Gander Mountain to get some allergy fish?
Me: Allergy fish? What are those?
Jacob: You know, the fish he was talking about. The ones that keep the tank clean.
Me: Ohhh...ALGAE fish?
Jacob: Uh yeah, that's what I said.
Ha! I loved it! I had a hard time going back today but conversations like that one made it so worthwhile!! I'll be missing these kids in a few short months.... :)
1 comment:
Ummm...heck yeah, that's a sure sign it's your turn for baby fever...get with it! It's only half cost, so just do it! :)
Loved this "allergy" fish story...I wanna play with your 1st graders! Too fun!
Post a Comment