My whole life when ever I told somebody my last name was Little I always waited for the next crack that was sure to come...it got old real fast. Especially because the same thing happened when I told someone my first name was Hillary...you can guess the puns. ANYWAYS. Now my name is Anderson...how can you make a joke out of that? :) Ross always had it the worst though. You look at someone who is 6 foot 4 inches, 250 pounds and they're telling you their name is Little? Poor Ross. Ok....I digress again.
Our family is a little bit confusing, but suffice it to say...it's not "Little". It's actually pretty big. Hence the name of our July 2009 family reunion. We all met up in Kansas (Minus 2 cousins who shall remain nameless Brandon and Troy!) for my grandpa's 80th birthday over the 4th of July weekend. I of course took no pictures but here are a few of my mom's....
On Friday we had a catered barbecue dinner at the historic train depot. Let me just slide in here that my aunt Chrissy planned the whole thing and did a wonderful job. She had the train station decorated perfectly and my other very talented
Aunt Kelly who works at a bakery in Dallas made a wonderful cake. The only pictures I have are of family but you can click
here for Chrissy's pictures or
here for Jessica's.
That night we had a photographer come and take pictures of the familys, which is why we aren't looking at my mom's camera! My very talented
Uncle Ben (married to very talented Aunt Kelly) designed and made the t shirts for us. I'm NOT a fan of matching family reunion t shirts but Ben did an awesome job on these and I actually have worn mine a couple of times since the reunion!
Grandma and Grandpa Little with all of the great grandchildren

Now with all of the grandchildren, Jessica and I sporting the cheerleader pose....:)

Our family

Brian & Linette family, Nic, Michele and Anthony

Marty & Janna Family..Jessica, Dayne, Shawnee & Kayson Shepherd, Amanda, Travis and Emma Caraway, Alex, Tabetha, Hunter & Alicia....whew!

Me and Uncle Kevin...what can I say...we have a special bond that means a lot to both of us

Kevin & Lisa family, Jared, Latisha, Emmalee & Jayden Little, missing Brandon & Troy!

Adam & Chrissy Dolezal, Damon, Xavier, Aiden

Ben & Kelly Dolezal

Ashley & James Warner

Grandpa with all his kids

Our gift to Grandpa...he's an avid golfer

You know who these people are!

Brooke & Ryan

Amanda and I have always been cousins and best friends....we forget which it is sometimes!

Alex and Ross have always been cousins and best friends (even though Alex is my age)....they also forget which is which sometimes!

Mom and Dad!

Saturday morning the boys went golfing so the girls went to the mall! We shopped and let the babies play in this super cute mall stroller (don't worry Amanda thoroughly wiped it down first!) and then we.....

got pedicures of course!!!! Janna, Tabetha, Kelly, Brooke and me

Mom and Janna....sisters in law and best friends :)
We did fireworks in the street that night and had a blast hanging out with friends and family. It was a wonderful weekend that should be repeated more often. I miss my family already!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment