I've been hesitant to share the name we chose for our baby girl with the world, simply because I have a slight commitment issue. I'm afraid if I commit to this name now, I'll not like it anymore when she comes. But I don't think that's going to happen. So to share a little bit about what/how we chose...
Her first name will be Elizabeth. I have loved the name Elizabeth since I was a little girl. We have Elizabeth's on both sides of the family so she'll have familial namesakes. I've known some pretty awesome girls named Elizabeth, including a little girl I babysat from 8 months old to 3 years old until I moved away. I loved that sweet little girl and she'll be a great namesake as well. And my best friend's middle name is Elizabeth so that's a plus as well :)
Her middle name will be Megyn. Megan Little is my cousin, 3 months younger than me. Unfortunately her time on this earth was very limited and she didn't live past birth. I've always felt very close to her, regardless of the fact that I never met her and I've always been very close to her dad, my uncle. They live in Missouri and when I was little I was an extremely shy little girl...but not with him. I would cry and cry when he left. So it's only fitting that I name my first little girl after my cousin Megan. I love her and can't wait to meet her some day.
We are so excited for Elizabeth to arrive. We thank our Heavenly Father for this sweet blessing every night and are so grateful for the opportunity we have to be parents to one of His children. October really can't get here soon enough!!!
2 comments:
Elizabeth is Rachel's middle name. I've ALWAYS loved that name!!
Hillary, thank you for sharing the name and how you picked it...Megan has a special place in all of our hearts!!! I am crying like a baby right now. I never thought to share with the world why my children have the names they do and this sweet message makes me want to do so...! I love you guys cant wait to meet Elizabeth Megyn!
Post a Comment