Monday, June 14, 2010

Packing and Moving....


Let me first say...I am SO ready to move. The house we are in now has been good to us over the past year and we are in a good neighborhood..but moving to a nicer neighborhood in a nicer part of town in a nice new house is definitely appealing.
HOWEVER. I hate packing. I hate moving. And doing those two things while I'm pregnant...I hate that too. Unfortunately my OCD complex kicks in and I refuse to let people help me (pack at least). Not my wonderful mother and sister who offered their help on numerous occassions, not the wonderful ladies at church who have offered, not even my wonderful husband (who I kick out of the house so I can pack alone). I like to do it my own way in my own time. And being pregnant, well, let's just say I take a LOT of time. Tonight for instance...I took 2 hours to pack 4 boxes. Mainly because I sit down every 5 minutes to rest. (Have I mentioned that that energy people promised me would come back in the 2nd trimester has in fact NOT come back?) Now when we move all the boxes and furniture from this house to the new one....I WILL require help there. Seeing as how I can't lift heavy things. Enter the nice men from church.....
After this move I. Am. Done. Let's recap my years since I graduated high school:
August 2005: Moved from Sherman to College Station
July 2007: Moved from my CS house to mine and Jake's first apartment (in CS)
August 2008: Moved from CS to Sherman to live with my parents (not a major move...but still)
December 2008: Moved the rest of our stuff from CS to our new apartment in Sherman (THIS was the major move)
June 2009: Moved from Sherman to Katy
June 2010: Moving from one house to another in Katy
Like I said. I'm done! So for the next couple of weeks I will be moving. Luckily it's just across town so we can move over a few days rather than all in one (which is ideal because I'm pregnant remember? Like I haven't mentioned that enough?). Then we head to Utah for a while to relax. When we get back it will be July and July is my "focus on baby stuff" month. DEFINITELY looking forward to this! :)
So we get our home inspected tomorrow and do our first walk, they go back and fix anything that needs to be fixed, we have our final walk and then we close next Monday or Tuesday. We officially move on Tuesday (provided closing goes through without a hitch) and will be completely moved in by Thursday. Just in time to leave for Utah on Saturday. Talk about stress! So worth it though. And my lovely parents are coming up next week to help us move and get settled. Soooooo even though the house is done and I do have recent pictures of it, I'm going to wait until we are settled and post the final pictures. Until then....

No comments: