February 8, 2010: I took a pregnancy test at school that turned out to be positive...so I took about 5 more throughout the day just to be sure! Jake works late on Mondays so I cooked our favorite dinner and had it waiting for him when he got home. I told him it was an early Valentines present since we'd be in Sherman for Valentines Day. I couldn't wait so before dinner I gave him his "present": the baby blanket we bought in Argentina, an "I'm having a baby!" poem and the positive pregnancy tests (in a baggie of course, ha!). I got the whole thing on video and that is something I will always treasure.
This past year has been wonderful. I may have had a rough pregnancy but it was SO worth it, obviously. I love my sweet little girl who is four months old today. It's so weird to think that on this day a year ago I had no idea that I would be a mommy in exactly 8 months. Time has flown this past year and I can't believe Elizabeth is already 4 months old!!! Here's the latest on her... and I'm not gonna lie, some of this I copied and pasted from her 3 month blog a couple of weeks ago!
Stats:
12 lbs, 9 oz (27th percentile)
23 inches long (11th percentile)
40 cm (15.74") head circumference (24th percentile)
Yes, she's my petite little girl!! Her growth is perfect for her, but obviously she's a bit on the small side!
-Got her next round of shots today...took them well with only a little bit of screaming!
-She's VERY strong. She lifts her head and chest up during tummy time AND when she's on her back. She rolls from tummy to back and has recently started turning onto her side from her back, so it won't be long before she's rolling from back to tummy.
-Is a happy girl!! Still smiling a ton and laughing as well. She loves it when we make that vibrating sound with our lips.
-Is a great imitator...she imitates a lot of what we do...sticking our tongue out, making an o with our mouths, blowing bubbles, making vibrating noises with our lips and hissing...all of this she'll do back at us.
-LOVES her voice...she squeals all the time but especially when she has her hands in her mouth. She's started saying "ah-goooooo" so cute!
-Speaking of hands, they're always moving, along with her legs. She loves to use her hands...she'll clasp them together, wave them around, put them in her mouth (ALWAYS!), grab her toys, bat her toys, grab our fingers...she just loves to move her hands and use them. Her legs are always kicking too.
-Follows us around with her eyes...if we're playing with her and get up to walk somewhere, she follows us as long as she can with her eyes wondering why we're leaving her...she's not a fan of this.
-Loves to be pulled into the sitting position and on up to the standing position and is good at holding her head upright and steady and putting weight on her legs
-Recognizes me and Jake and our voices
-Blows bubbles ALL THE TIME. All the time! She also make a funny vibrating noise when blowing bubbles...hilarious!
-Taking a bottle great and eats about 5 oz at each feeding (breastmilk or formula). We're weaning off breastmilk and onto formula since pumping is just not working for my work schedule. It's hard to give up feeding Elizabeth breastmilk so we may still give her 1-2 bottles of it a day...because even a little bit is great!! She gets to start taking rice cereal now too, yay!
-Sleeping a bit better...she takes naps during the day but saves her best sleep for night. She takes a long evening nap and then sleeps for at least 6 hours during the night.
-Loves her paci, learning to love her thumb
That's about it! Here are some pics I took tonight. She was so sleepy but we managed a few smiles from her.
This past year has been wonderful. I may have had a rough pregnancy but it was SO worth it, obviously. I love my sweet little girl who is four months old today. It's so weird to think that on this day a year ago I had no idea that I would be a mommy in exactly 8 months. Time has flown this past year and I can't believe Elizabeth is already 4 months old!!! Here's the latest on her... and I'm not gonna lie, some of this I copied and pasted from her 3 month blog a couple of weeks ago!
Stats:
12 lbs, 9 oz (27th percentile)
23 inches long (11th percentile)
40 cm (15.74") head circumference (24th percentile)
Yes, she's my petite little girl!! Her growth is perfect for her, but obviously she's a bit on the small side!
-Got her next round of shots today...took them well with only a little bit of screaming!
-She's VERY strong. She lifts her head and chest up during tummy time AND when she's on her back. She rolls from tummy to back and has recently started turning onto her side from her back, so it won't be long before she's rolling from back to tummy.
-Is a happy girl!! Still smiling a ton and laughing as well. She loves it when we make that vibrating sound with our lips.
-Is a great imitator...she imitates a lot of what we do...sticking our tongue out, making an o with our mouths, blowing bubbles, making vibrating noises with our lips and hissing...all of this she'll do back at us.
-LOVES her voice...she squeals all the time but especially when she has her hands in her mouth. She's started saying "ah-goooooo" so cute!
-Speaking of hands, they're always moving, along with her legs. She loves to use her hands...she'll clasp them together, wave them around, put them in her mouth (ALWAYS!), grab her toys, bat her toys, grab our fingers...she just loves to move her hands and use them. Her legs are always kicking too.
-Follows us around with her eyes...if we're playing with her and get up to walk somewhere, she follows us as long as she can with her eyes wondering why we're leaving her...she's not a fan of this.
-Loves to be pulled into the sitting position and on up to the standing position and is good at holding her head upright and steady and putting weight on her legs
-Recognizes me and Jake and our voices
-Blows bubbles ALL THE TIME. All the time! She also make a funny vibrating noise when blowing bubbles...hilarious!
-Taking a bottle great and eats about 5 oz at each feeding (breastmilk or formula). We're weaning off breastmilk and onto formula since pumping is just not working for my work schedule. It's hard to give up feeding Elizabeth breastmilk so we may still give her 1-2 bottles of it a day...because even a little bit is great!! She gets to start taking rice cereal now too, yay!
-Sleeping a bit better...she takes naps during the day but saves her best sleep for night. She takes a long evening nap and then sleeps for at least 6 hours during the night.
-Loves her paci, learning to love her thumb
That's about it! Here are some pics I took tonight. She was so sleepy but we managed a few smiles from her.
Learning to stand and put weight on her legs
Practicing sitting up
I email Ross pictures of Lizzie each week and he made the comment a few weeks ago that "she's always smiling!" That made me realize the only pics I take/post of her are of her smiling or just plain being cute. But let's be realistic here...we experience our fair share of tears!! Or in Lizzie's case, cries...because she has no tears.
TV always soothes her...she's infatuated with it...
We love our sweet girl and are looking forward to where this next year will take us!
No comments:
Post a Comment