This is how my day started. Happy right? Yesterday was just one of those days. The kind that makes you want to get back in bed and start over. It started out just fine, as you can see above. I was looking forward to spending the day with Jake & Elizabeth, getting things done, being together. And the morning was fine. We ran some errands, worked on my classroom, went to lunch. I guess our mistake was going home! No my mistake was answering my phone when I knew it was the hospital calling. And so it began.
We were in a car accident about a year ago. It wasn't out fault, the other person's insurance took care of our car and my medical bills (I was 7 months pregnant so they made me go to the hospital) so things really should have been fine. But no.
Long story short...I have an outstanding medical bill for $1500 for the hospital. Thanks to the idiots...excuse me...lovely people at my insurance company. Now the hospital is chasing me for the money, which I will not pay. It's not my responisbility. We have already settled with State Farm. This was supposed to be finished. I'm not going into details because it's a long story and very confusing. But I was on the phone with the hospital (twice), State Farm (twice), Aetna (twice), and the subrogation department (once) forever yesterday. Each person told me to call someone else until I wound up full circle. I just could not handle it anymore and started getting a bit angry with the people I was talking to as they each explained how they could not help me. I'm sorry, but I'm their CLIENT. Their CUSTOMER. And you can't help me? Really? Luckily the adjuster from State Farm really is a lovely person and was able to help me go a step further. But now we're back in the waiting game, seeing if Aetna will realize their mistake and pay for it. Because I'm not.
I've had a lot on my plate recently and unfortunately can not handle stress and anxiety well so this put me over the top. But it's not over yet!
I called my doctor to ask a few questions, then called my mom to cry and complain. She listened to me as she always does, reminds me of a few things that always make me feel better and I felt like I really could deal with the rest of the day. Ha.
I had just gotten off the phone with my mom and sat down to feed Elizabeth. Jake went to lay down. I started to smell a dirty diaper. I decided to finish feeding her before changing her. My mistake. The smell got worse and worse until I checked her to see if it had leaked. Uh yeah. On to her....on to me...on to the couch...I have no idea how that happened. I mean, I do know how to put a diaper on! I started calling for Jake, who couldn't hear me, so as I called louder, Elizabeth started screaming bloody murder because it startled her and she doesn't like screaming. So I pick her up, give her to Jake to throw in the bath tub (because really that's our best bet at this point) and I go to work on the couch.
Then my phone rings in the middle of all this. I would not have answered it but when you see it's your boss calling, you better pick up. She asked me to do something next year that will change my whole year and present a bit of a challenge for me. I talked to her for a while about it....I'm excited about the new experience and taking on a challenge but it did present a whole new level of anxiety for me to deal with. Great. I helped Jake finish up with Lizzie and we all just collapsed.
What may not seem like much to you, was a lot to me. My day ended with a new temple recommend and a chocolate shake so really what more do I need? I have a beautiful family, a sweet, sweet daughter and husband, a wonderful job and more blessings than I can count. It was a hard day, one where you truly do need to count your many blessings, but at the end of that day, I can say I'm a bit stronger and a bit happier. Today is a new day and has been good so far. Though, Elizabeth just crawled over to me and I can smell that smell again. So obviously it's time to end this here. Here's to a new day!! :)
We were in a car accident about a year ago. It wasn't out fault, the other person's insurance took care of our car and my medical bills (I was 7 months pregnant so they made me go to the hospital) so things really should have been fine. But no.
Long story short...I have an outstanding medical bill for $1500 for the hospital. Thanks to the idiots...excuse me...lovely people at my insurance company. Now the hospital is chasing me for the money, which I will not pay. It's not my responisbility. We have already settled with State Farm. This was supposed to be finished. I'm not going into details because it's a long story and very confusing. But I was on the phone with the hospital (twice), State Farm (twice), Aetna (twice), and the subrogation department (once) forever yesterday. Each person told me to call someone else until I wound up full circle. I just could not handle it anymore and started getting a bit angry with the people I was talking to as they each explained how they could not help me. I'm sorry, but I'm their CLIENT. Their CUSTOMER. And you can't help me? Really? Luckily the adjuster from State Farm really is a lovely person and was able to help me go a step further. But now we're back in the waiting game, seeing if Aetna will realize their mistake and pay for it. Because I'm not.
I've had a lot on my plate recently and unfortunately can not handle stress and anxiety well so this put me over the top. But it's not over yet!
I called my doctor to ask a few questions, then called my mom to cry and complain. She listened to me as she always does, reminds me of a few things that always make me feel better and I felt like I really could deal with the rest of the day. Ha.
I had just gotten off the phone with my mom and sat down to feed Elizabeth. Jake went to lay down. I started to smell a dirty diaper. I decided to finish feeding her before changing her. My mistake. The smell got worse and worse until I checked her to see if it had leaked. Uh yeah. On to her....on to me...on to the couch...I have no idea how that happened. I mean, I do know how to put a diaper on! I started calling for Jake, who couldn't hear me, so as I called louder, Elizabeth started screaming bloody murder because it startled her and she doesn't like screaming. So I pick her up, give her to Jake to throw in the bath tub (because really that's our best bet at this point) and I go to work on the couch.
Then my phone rings in the middle of all this. I would not have answered it but when you see it's your boss calling, you better pick up. She asked me to do something next year that will change my whole year and present a bit of a challenge for me. I talked to her for a while about it....I'm excited about the new experience and taking on a challenge but it did present a whole new level of anxiety for me to deal with. Great. I helped Jake finish up with Lizzie and we all just collapsed.
What may not seem like much to you, was a lot to me. My day ended with a new temple recommend and a chocolate shake so really what more do I need? I have a beautiful family, a sweet, sweet daughter and husband, a wonderful job and more blessings than I can count. It was a hard day, one where you truly do need to count your many blessings, but at the end of that day, I can say I'm a bit stronger and a bit happier. Today is a new day and has been good so far. Though, Elizabeth just crawled over to me and I can smell that smell again. So obviously it's time to end this here. Here's to a new day!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment