I'm so sad too though! I've spent the past 4 years having 6-7 year olds as my closest friends! (That may seem sad itself, to some people at least!) I know them so well and they know me. I am their mom away from home, their teacher, their friend, their disciplinarian. I wear so many hats (some that you don't EVEN want to know about!) I'm going to miss that. I'm going to miss the looks on those sweet faces...and the not so sweet faces too. I'm going to miss the smiles and tears and laughs and questions and comments...all of it. I have absolutely LOVED being a teacher. I feel so blessed that I was able to be at Sory and Exley Elementaries for my teaching career and that I got to put my college degree to work. My job, though challenging at times, was my joy. After I had Elizabeth, things shifted a bit, in priorities especially, and I knew it would be best for me to stay home with her. I've blogged about all of this before though, so I'll move on.
My team. I don't even know what to say. I absolutely love my coworkers at Exley. I feel like they have been my family for the past three years. I've gotten to know so many wonderful people that have had lasting influences on my life and have inspired me to be a better teacher, friend and person. The ladies I worked with so welcoming to me and have made me feel a part of something special from day 1. I can't even go into specifics because I will literally start crying right here at my computer. Just know the I love all of you SO much. I'm so excited to continue our friendships and am glad that we already have plans to get together and stay in touch. I need my friends! I realized that this afternoon while a lot of us Exleyites were sitting by the pool just talking and laughing together. We've been through some rough times the past few years and have stuck together through it all. Only a family can do that.
PS...My first team back at Sory. You are amazing. I absolutely loved working at Sory my first year and was SO sad to leave. We were together a short time but it was so fun and I learned so much from all of my coworkers there. I don't want to leave you out of this! Please know how much I love and miss all of YOU!
My classroom is empty (but now my garage and dining room are FULL!) and I'm ready to close this chapter of my life. I'm ready to be a stay at home mom. I'm ready to put my all into something new for a while and be the best mom I can be. I'm ready for playdates and story times and lunches and everything that I've been missing these past 20 months. Here I come!!
My classroom, Sory Elementary, 2008-2009:
My classroom, Exley Elementary, 2009-2010/2010-2011:
My classroom, Exley Elementary (a few changes over the summer), 2011-2012:
My classroom, Exley Elementary, June 1, 2012:
(my friend Neely had to move into my room for next year so any furniture or things on the shelves are hers...all of my things are gone!)






















1 comment:
How cool to see all of your classrooms. I am sure those kiddos will miss seeing you, but how fun for you to start a new exciting part of your life. Thanks for sharing all of your pics. Too fun! Enjoy the good times ahead. Miss you all, and we are sure looking forward to seeing you here is a month or so.
Post a Comment