A little over a month ago I wrote a blog about seeking the good in life. We all know it's not always easy or popular but as I've been working at it I can tell a change in how I view day to day situations. Elizabeth going behind me and undoing all of the cleaning and straigthening I've worked so hard...drives me CRAZY. But at least I'm home with my daughter spending time with her.
I will say though that I've yet to find the good in this 100 degree weather we're having this week. Let me know if you've found it. :)
So I want to continue that last blog and wrap up my thoughts on my amazing weekend at Time Out for Women.
Marvin J. Ashton said that "greatness is best measured by how well an individual responds to the happenings in life that appear to be totally unfair, unreasonable and undeserved." I've yet to endure really harsh trials. I've not experienced death of a family member or close friend, I've never lost my job, have a wonderful husband that loves me and our daughter and works hard for us. I have a good life. So this statement really made me think. How would I respond to a rough situation that I haven't had to deal with before? Would I curl up in a ball of depression (probably!) or would I try to be strong and endure and press forward? Greatness does not equal money or position though the world seems to think it does. (Jake might think that about Lebron James...:)) Greatness is inside of you...you can achieve it by doing good, being good and seeking good in all things. Even when it's difficult. Especially when it's difficult.
Thoughts from Emily Watts:
*Sometimes good needs a catalyst...what can we do to be a catalyst for good?
*Good does not always reside within your comfort zone. How can we reach outside our comfort zones?
*Good often appears in disguise. Search your trials for the good.
*Good takes patience...how can we increase our trust in the Lord?
*Good is primarily other-centered.
Julie de Azevedo Hanks spoke about being true to your authentic self...finding the good inside of you. She defined your authentic self as Heavenly Father's will plus your unique gifts and experiences. She discussed our emotions as not being "good" or "bad"... it is normal to have a broad range of emotions and they aren't split into good or bad emotions. We must have the will to submit to difficult experiences so that we are able to experience different emotions.
I think that about wraps up my thoughts from the weekend. It's nice to have them down here so I can finally throw away those stray pieces of paper I wrote on. :) Here's some good in my life:

No comments:
Post a Comment