Sunday, December 21, 2014

December

I feel like I haven't sat still for more than 5 minutes all of December.  Every single day has been a blur of activities, errands, babies, and more.  I was feeling pretty down on myself because I've been doing so many things to get ready for Christmas but none of those things focused on getting closer to my Savior.  I've really struggled to get in the Christmas spirit this year for some reason.  We've been doing our stories of Christ advent calendar each night and that has helped and I've watched some wonderful videos that also filled my heart with love for our Savior.  But sometimes, with all the hustle and bustle December brings, it's just hard.  So here's to the last week before Christmas...slowing down and remembering the reason for the season.  Our Savior was brought in to this world to save the world.  Remembering His birth is what Christmas is all about.

That being said, Christmas time brings a lot of fun activities along with it, especially when you have kids.  Here's what we've been up to this month...

The first weekend of December we took one last trip to San Antonio for the year, to use our Sea World passes.  We met up with some friends and had a great time.


Carriage ride around downtown


We usually stay at the Hyatt Hill Country and love it there.  The girls loved playing on the balcony together. :)

Swimming in December! THank you Texas!






Randomly found my girls cuddling on our couch....this NEVER happens!
We visited Santa at the mall and couldn't leave without a spin on the merry go round




Ross graduated from Texas A&M this past weekend, WHOOP!  We had lots of family come to town to celebrate him.  We had a great weekend and are so proud of Ross and all of his accomplishments.  He's wearing his big boy pants now!

The ceremony was of course super long.  I actually sent Jake and Ellie home before it even started because she's been so fussy.  After Ross's name was called, my dad and I had time to go to Target and Wal Mart and get back before it was even over. :)





We took family pictures with aunt Meg on Saturday morning...she did an awesome job!  Here are a few that we took with our phones.






I tried to get some pictures of the girls in their Christmas dresses this morning...it didn't happen.  Well it did, but no smiles.  We'll try again another time. :)




Out of order, but here's a few of us decorating our small tree.  My parents are giving us their tree since they're moving so this is our last year with our scrawny little thing!






No comments: