...and for good reason. After a lovely 3 months at home with Elizabeth I headed back to work a couple of week ago. So for the past month I haven't worried about anything but spending time with my sweet girl...hence the lack of blogging.
On October 8th I went to work while I was in labor (hey I had to give the spelling test!!). When I left school to go to the hospital (because there was no denying I needed to go!) I left that world behind me and didn't touch it again until January 4th. And LOVED not touching it.
But let's face it. Though my calling in life is to be a mother...my other calling is to be a teacher. I love children, whether they are my own or not. I feel a need to care for them and be there for them and teach them about everything...reading, writing, math....and life. So going back to work was a bit easier for me than it probably is for someone who doesn't enjoy their job.
I miss my daughter, don't get me wrong. It's been VERY hard to be back at work and there have been more than a few tears shed. But it is what it is. I needed to go back so I could help provide for my family and so I can take care of my 18 first graders who, I believe really need me...and I need them!! I need their sweet hugs and big smiles and innocent crazy questions. I need their unintended sarcasticness (or intended with some...) and their funny jokes that don't make sense (Why did the chicken cross the road? Because he thought it was funny!..ha!). My job isn't all fun and games, it has its fair share of drama and stress, but I love it.
I just got my official evaluation back from my assistant prinicpal..I of course stressed about it, but I did just fine. I scored proficient and exceeds in everything. But what really hit me was a comment that my assistant principal wrote.. "Ms. Anderson shows and gives compassion, understanding, patience, and acceptance. The students thrive because of the qualities Mrs. Anderson possess." I really appreciate her saying this. In a low moment of "I REALLY don't want to leave my baby" I read this comment and was reminded of how much I love my job and my 6 and 7 year old babies and why I do what I do. So thanks to Ranesia for that much needed, wonderful reminder.
I also received a Christmas card from MY first grade teacher whom I've kept in touch with over the years. You can read about her in THIS blog.)
She also included a hand written message that also reminded me how much I love teaching and again, why I chose to be a teacher. Along with her words, I had numerous family and friends give me words of encouragement about heading back to work..and I couldn't have done it without them. I really couldn't.
Elizabeth has been doing well with Missy, her babysitter. She's adjusting to being somewhere else during the day and is falling in love with Missy. We were really blessed to find somebody who takes amazing care of our daughter. I hate leaving her in the mornings but LOVE picking her up in the afternoons because she always has a big smile waiting for me. I know she won't remember these days that I'm spending so much time away from her and our hope is that the days that she CAN remember...I'll be there for.
So...this blog is a little all over the place (and has NO pictures..sorry!!) But I guess what I'm saying is...I love my baby and I love my job. But there's no happy medium. I wish I can take Lizzie to work with me but I can't, so I'll make due in the meantime. The hours we have at home together I spend playing with her, holding her, feeding her so my blog has taken the back burner. She's asleep right now which is why I'm grabbing a few minutes to explain this to my faithful followers...all 3 of you! :) I'll be back soon..I have a long to do list of blogs I want to write, but in the meantime, just know I'm spending quality time with my baby and will be back soon. Have a wonderful week! :)
1 comment:
You have 18 first graders???? I'm suddenly VERY jealous. I teach Kindergarten and my numbers are at 24 and 26! Ridiculous for anything 2nd grade or under!
Post a Comment