What's been happening lately....
-Her upper body is getting VERY strong...she loves to lift her head and chest up when on her tummy and she can lift it high!! She also tries to sit up when she's on her back...she's gotta have some amazing abs because she does it all the time!
-She laughs and smiles a lot...especially smiles. If Jake or I look at her she smiles. If we smile at her she smiles and laughs. It's precious!! She loves to smile at her babysitter too. :) She's also a squealer!! Whenever she's happy she squeals away...too funny.
-When she wants attention she screams!! And it's not a mad, angry scream it's a "Hey, I'm here, look at me!!" scream. She kind of knows she's center of attention around here...we can't help but laugh at that scream. But if we don't give her the attention she wants it turns into a mad cry
-Loves to use her hands...she'll clasp them together, wave them around, put them in her mouth (ALWAYS!), grab her toys, bat her toys, grab our fingers...she just loves to move her hands and use them.
-Follows us around with her eyes...if we're playing with her and get up to walk somewhere, she follows us as long as she can with her eyes wondering why we're leaving her...she's not a fan of this either.
-She now remembers that she can roll over...if she's on her tummy she doesn't last long before she rolls over to her back
-Loves to stand and use her legs...she's kicker for sure; her legs are always going!
-Loves to be pulled into the sitting position and is good at holding her head upright and steady (though she's still a bit wobbly)
-Recognizes me and Jake and our voices...she lights up when she hears her daddy!
-Blows bubbles ALL THE TIME. All the time! She also make a funny vibrating noise when blowing bubbles...hilarious!
-LOVES to use that voice to chatter!
-Taking a bottle great and eats 4.5-5 oz at each feeding. We've also started supplementing with one formula bottle at night. Going back to work has hurt my milk production so using formula helps. And she's happy no matter what is going in her mouth!
-Sleeping a bit better...she takes naps during the day but saves her best sleep for night. She takes a long evening nap and then sleeps for at least 6 hours during the night. I usually have to wake her up to take her to the babysitter and she eats over there around 8ish after not having eaten since midnightish. She still sleeps best if she's swaddled.
-We've deemed her stretch "The Lizzie Stretch". It's SOOOO cute!! She throws back both arms above her head, throws her head back as far as it will go and shakes it back and forth and arches her back. I really need to grab a picture, but I'm always holding her when she does it!
-Addicted to the paci!! But she's also started sucking her thumb. This is an awesome self soother but a nasty habit to break later on!
-Loves her babysitter and is adjusting well to being in a different place during the day. I'm so glad she loves Missy, I really didn't want to go the daycare route and am so blessed to have found Missy.
-Has not gotten sick yet, knock on wood!!
Okay that's about it I guess!! I'm not sure I'll have anything new in a few weeks for her 4 month blog...ha!! We go back to the doctor for her 4 month shots and I'm really anxious to talk to the doctor about a few things as well as see how much Lizzie weighs..she's definitely getting bigger! Here are some recent pics...






No comments:
Post a Comment