Thursday, April 5, 2012

Don't feed the ducks!

After going to La Finca last week, we decided to hit up one of the local parks that has a pond and several ducks. Elizabeth loves wildlife, and just being outside in general so we thought we'd take her to feed the ducks.  Wrong!  Right when we get there, we see a big sign saying to NOT feed the ducks.  Sad!  Ever the rule follower, I wouldn't let Jake persuade me to feed them.  But we did have fun watching Elizabeth run all over the place.  Not run...prance.  Her run has more of a hop to it. :)

I didn't have a camera with me, so my phone made due...

 "Daddy! Ducks!"


 Elizabeth is fearless.  She started chasing the ducks as they waddled away from her.  The momma duck got a bit upset and charged Elizabeth a little bit....Elizabeth just laughed at her.  :)



I love these two.  They had surprised me at school that day for lunch and it was the best day ever.  Talk about being my whole world.  I hear stories about wives losing husbands, mothers losing children, and I don't know how I could handle that.  Jake and Elizabeth are my absolute best friends.  To be honest, I really don't any close friends in this area and sometimes that's really hard for me, but these two make that okay.  I love you Jake and Lizzie!!!

2 comments:

AimeeTheSuperMom said...

Now she just needs to read "Make Way for Ducklings" and have a rubber ducky party. And she needs to eat peeps. Or maybe that's too morbid for a duck lover.

Cute and fun updates!!!

Meg said...

Your little family is SO adorable!