Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter

Hoppy Easter!  Such a beautiful day today.  I'm feeling especially blessed as I remember the life of the Savior and the fact that He died for us and atoned for our sins.  I know the Savior lives, that He loves us and knows us and takes upon Him our ever sorrow, joy, and sin.  I'm so grateful for the atonement in my life and knowing that I can one day return to live with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and my Father in Heaven.

Easter, like Christmas, is a two part holiday.  We strive to remember the Savior in all that we do on these holidays, yet it's so easy to get caught up in the fun of the holidays as well.  I think a balance of both is okay.  Even though we dyed easter eggs, had an egg hunt and a big Easter dinner, I still found time at church and at home to remember my Savior and His resurrection. 

On another note, Elizabeth is 18 months old today.  Wow!  My sweet little girl is inching closer to 2.  I got caught up talking to my mom today about how before I know it she'll be getting married and leaving me like I did to my mom and let the tears flow!  Let's not get ahead of ourselves.  Elizabeth started nursery at church today and LOVED it.  She didn't even look back at us, just walked right in and started playing.  Tears were shed...but they weren't hers. :)

Here are the traditional Easter pictures, complete with Easter dress, Easter eggs, and lots of fun....Enjoy!












More pics on my facebook page...

2 comments:

C.LEE said...

So cute! You are such a good mommy! I did notice you without her today in Relief Society, I didn't even realize she was in nursery now! Wow! Abby has 2 more months until she will join Elizabeth. :)

Hillary said...

Thanks Christy. :) Yes, it was so nice to sit through Sunday school and Relief Society lessons and actually hear them! But I miss having her with me too. Yay for 2 more months for Abby! Lizzie needs another little friend!