Sunday, March 16, 2008

Fishing Fun

So the main reason Jason came up to Sherman with us was so Jake would have a fishing buddy, because let's face it, I just can't make the cut. I think I proved that when we were down at the lake by my family's house and I cast right into the tree about 2 feet away from taking my brother's eye out. I've never been outdoorsy, I've made that clear, but I'm married to a man that is, so bring it on nature, I'm ready to learn!

The boys went off on their own to a few of the lakes around Sherman, like Eisenhower State Park, Lake Texoma and the likes. But when they went to Herman Baker Park I went with them since it's about a 2 minute drive from our house. We dragged Ross along too for the fun.

Well the fish were laughing at us that night because we caught a grand total of 0 fish. (To Jake's credit, he had much better luck the next day...). You would think they might take their chances on a fisher like me, but no such luck....we had fun though!!

Jake's fishing pose



This is one of the bridges on one of the trails around the lake. The boys were pretty annoyed with me at this point because I was a bit camera happy, so they decided not to look at me. Jokes on them though, they just turned out looking a bit like models trying out for GQ!





This is Jake walking on water... ;)


And this is us standing on water together!! What a power couple!



All in all I'd say we make a pretty great fishing group!!!

Alright keeeeep reading....only one more post documenting a fun spring break!!!

No comments: