Monday, March 10, 2008

Spring Breaking It!

It is high time for a nice long break in the Anderson fam and when I say break I mean vacation. And since we have about 3 or 4 big trips this summer our big spring break vacation spot is good old Sherman, TX. Visiting with the family is always the best, especially when it's been a good 10 weeks that we haven't seen them! So here we are in the ever growing town of Sherman. They are remodeling a few of our elementary schools (and building more!), the middle school and the high school to accomodate all the newcomers to this quaint town of more than 35,000 and it's amazing. I grew up a small town girl and even though Sherman is increasing in size, it will always be my small little town! Never will I live in a city bigger than College Station! Big cities are NOT for me and my small town ways. I love Sherman and would love to be back here or close by one day. I've been guaranteed a job with Sherman ISD whenever I want it....that's reason enough!
Anyways, we brought Jason too so Jake could have a better fishing partner than his poor wife who cast into a tree today! Quit laughing. It's been way fun and we've only been here 2 days! We brought the Wii at the request of my little brother and it's been a family fave. We played it all afternoon yesterday and into the night when a family friend came over to hang out for a while. And by family friend I mean my mom and I were playing matchmaker ;) Brooke became addicted and wants one for herself now...she was the funniest to watch! Jason and Jacob really get into it and get competitive and even Mom and Dad gave it a try! Pictures will have to wait because I have no patience for going through them right now!! Sorry this will be a boring post today.
**Meg- we'll definitely have to cash in on the raincheck for the double date. I found some red apples you would LOVE! ;) hahaha!
After church yesterday we went to my granparent's house for lunch...a Little/Bryson tradition for as long as I can remember. My sweet little cousins are ever the entertainment...Andrea will sing any song you request and will even play along on the piano. Who cares she has no idea what she's playing, she does! She also had a secret for Jake and her two year old self got him outside so she could throw snowballs at him! So cute...she loved playing in the 8 inches of snow that Sherman got over the past week and even though there was next to nothing left on the ground on Sunday, we found plenty for a good old fashioned snowball fight. Nothing like some family fun! Except when you become the prime target. Not cool guys.
Today was a lazy day. We spent the late afternoon at the lake by our house and had some fun out there. The boys got annoyed with me taking so many pictures. I do it all for my blog readers...You're welcome!
Lot to read, nothing to look at, don't hate me too much! Pics will come soon!

1 comment:

blog_meg said...

I am SOOO excited about the red apples! That's awesome!