Let's start with softball we haven't talked about that in a while!! The "Pro Star" team is currently undefeated with 4 or 5 games left in the season! They're the team to beat it would seem. Jake is very into his softball games...he's in it to win it and nothing less. So his baseball pants not being washed didn't deter him last week...he put on some shorts and headed out. This is what he got for his trouble....
This picture doesn't even do it justice. This is his trophy from sliding into 2nd. Way to go Jake...he's the only one I've ever seen slide!! This has had to be wrapped and bandaged and all the works so be nice to him!!! :)
We went back to school last week...for Jake that meant tests and homework, for me it meant the start of my final set of "Full Responsibility." Last week and this week I'm once again playing the role of teacher all day everyday which is fine, I love it! I'm getting such great practice and as trying as my kids are I love them! I probably say that a lot, but it's true. I've been submitting applications and resumes for jobs in the fall and getting ready for interview and job fairs. I feel like this all surreal though. I'm 20 years old and applying for a REAL job to make my career! I'm hoping prospective employers won't pay attention to my age, and if they do, realize I graduated from A&M in 3 years, that's why I'm so young...I won't be 21 until mid August! My dream is to work with the 1st grade teachers that I'm with now. Going on my observations only there may be an open job there next semester and that would be lovely! I love the first grade teachers and Sam Houston and the faculty there so cross your fingers!
On Friday after a nice relaxing day of planting flowers (pictures later) we did dessert with our friends Kellye and Sean.
Not the greatest pic...but...anyways, They're getting married this summer and we all know how much Hillary loves weddings so they filled us in on the JOYS of wedding plans and we just caught up. Lots of fun...and after like an hour of fruitless movie looking at Blockbuster we finally decided to come back to our house and make Sean watch Signs, the classic M. Night Shyamalan movie. Scary!!! Nate Fortie was also in town before he goes back to you know where but we didn't get to see him...so here's to you Nate...be careful!
Katy got into the Easter egg hunting, but you better believe she was in competition with the rest of us!! (Yes we all hunted eggs...never too old for it I say!)
And here's all the Easter family pictures from the day...enjoy!!
That's it for now...have a wonderful week!!
No comments:
Post a Comment